Doncaster 2014 Questions - Page 5 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Reptile Shows & Breeder Meetings > IHS Doncaster


  #41 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Premier Citizen
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Posts: 2,126
Default

well it is you need to join but you can do that at the door
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2014, 03:29 PM
5 Star Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Basingstoke
Posts: 4,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurannp View Post
Really glad I found this I've just called the venue as I wanted to check details couldn't find much online and she told me it was a private event for members only, I could have cried! Glad I kept looking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iulia View Post
well it is you need to join but you can do that at the door

It's open to the public, you do not have to join the IHS to get in.

Members just get in at a cheaper rate and slightly earlier.
__________________


National Reptile Awareness Day
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 22-06-2014, 08:59 PM
carpmandan's Avatar
Regular
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 73
Default

I went today and the last time I was went it was at the dome and it was packed to the point you couldn't move, never mind browse, but the racecourse venue is much better plenty of room, although it was red hot, but that can't be helped.

Anyway I was wondering is there a list of who was there stall wise, maybe even what they had to buy?
The Reason is I got a gargoyle and forgot to grab the guys details just in case, and also didn't find out the sex of the Gargoyle, so trying to find out figured here would be a good start.

It was £45, and is quite brown in colour and the stall was almost in the centre of the main hall, facing the back doors if that helps anyone?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
__________________

Last edited by carpmandan; 22-06-2014 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 24-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Big McCann's Avatar
Super Citizen
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 934
Default

I have been looking round but to not success :'( what date is the show being held on later this year in september?
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
My Reptiles:
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
1.1.0 Tokay Gecko
1.2.0 Amazon Milk Frogs
1.1.0 Fire Salamanders
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 24-06-2014, 03:01 PM
NicolaMe's Avatar
Premier Citizen
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dewsbury
Posts: 2,132
Send a message via MSN to NicolaMe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McCann View Post
I have been looking round but to not success :'( what date is the show being held on later this year in september?
its on the sticky at the top of this "IHS Doncaster" thread
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 24-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Egg
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaMe View Post
its on the sticky at the top of this "IHS Doncaster" thread
or
IHS Breeders Meetings - International Herpetological Society.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 24-06-2014, 08:58 PM
cubone14's Avatar
Regular
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 125
Default Great Show, well worth going - Great venue

Just like to say a big thanks to the organisers of the IHS show on 22nd June. I was very surprised to find that even when we turned up at 11.20am (25mins after the doors opened to non-members) the queue was 100yds long & still growing, I didn't think that the show would be so well attended (more people there than the last time I went there on evening horse racing meet) but parking was easy & free & quick & convenient. Getting in was quick, well organised. Once in was taken aback at how big it was (probably 120-150 stallholders with lots to show/buy) Yes it was hot in there, (what would you expect at a reptile show) but you had the opportunity to go outside + sit outside by/in the stands to cooloff take timeout. Upstairs all the food/drink stands were open so that was helpful + plenty of seating/tables appreciated. Whilst the show seemed to major on snakes (not my thing) there was plenty of other types to see & marvel at. People there were very friendly + talkative and we learned quite a few things about lizards we had not seen before. We saved twice our entrance fees on the few bits of equipment we bought there so my advice to anyone attending future shows is use the visit as an opportunity to stock up on consumables & save a bomb on P+P in the process, there are many bargains to be had.
Recommend this show as definitely one to visit at least once.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 24-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Egg
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Totally agree. This show my first and it was wonderful. Now planing go again in September
Janine00 and cherryshrimp like this.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Khonsu's Avatar
5 Star Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a very secret place !
Posts: 4,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpmandan View Post
I went today and the last time I was went it was at the dome and it was packed to the point you couldn't move, never mind browse, but the racecourse venue is much better plenty of room, although it was red hot, but that can't be helped.

Anyway I was wondering is there a list of who was there stall wise, maybe even what they had to buy?
The Reason is I got a gargoyle and forgot to grab the guys details just in case, and also didn't find out the sex of the Gargoyle, so trying to find out figured here would be a good start.

It was £45, and is quite brown in colour and the stall was almost in the centre of the main hall, facing the back doors if that helps anyone?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
image
I believe that to avoid the possibilty of the anti's collecting stall holders details peeps were not handing out care sheets/contact detailshowever if you contact the IHS with the table number they can probably assist
__________________
Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus

More about Aimo www.nosmia.me.uk/

More about Fleams
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2014, 02:32 PM
carpmandan's Avatar
Regular
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khonsu View Post
I believe that to avoid the possibilty of the anti's collecting stall holders details peeps were not handing out care sheets/contact detailshowever if you contact the IHS with the table number they can probably assist
Yeah thanks khonsu. The stall holder should have given me his Id number, this would mean if there was an issue then IHS would know who and put me in touch. As the stall didn't do this they can't help, and I can't be sure what table he was on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 , doncaster

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doncaster questions DaniWaite Lizards 8 23-09-2012 12:43 AM
Doncaster IHS Show Questions snakess Snakes 14 22-09-2012 01:27 PM
Doncaster Questions kitschyduck Reptile Shows & Breeder Meetings 5 26-06-2011 07:52 PM
Doncaster Show? Questions. Snake-Assault Reptile Shows & Breeder Meetings 3 24-08-2009 12:48 PM
doncaster show Questions mrd General Herp Chat 6 25-08-2007 01:45 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)