Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Just a newbie saying 'Hello'. (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/introductions/1266615-just-newbie-saying-hello.html)

Mad_Max 19-03-2019 10:57 AM

Just a newbie saying 'Hello'.

Hello everyone.

I'm Paul.

I've kept a variety of animals over the years from Corn Snake to Piranha. I recently got myself a three year old (male) Cali King Snake. Never kept one before. So far its been interesting. Once he's out there's no signs of aggression and he likes to be handled. Show him the food and he's a typical King Snake.
Apart from the animal world I have a big interest in film. Not much into the modern stuff really. All the great filmakers have gone. Just my opinion.
I'm also a toy and film memorabilia collector. I know, I know... but I just can't help it.

Anyway, thats enough of that. I'm glad to be a member here and look forward to asking my questions and hopefully able to help here and there when I can.

Best to all.
Paul. :2thumb:

dps51 19-03-2019 11:47 AM

welcome to the forum mad-max
you will like it on here a nice lot of members here

Mad_Max 19-03-2019 11:59 AM

Thank you mate!

I've been a member for a week or so now. I've made a couple of posts, but forgot my manners and forgot to introduce myself.
I've browsed the forum and it seems theres always someone ready to offer help and advice. Nice folk!

Zincubus 19-03-2019 12:02 PM

Just a newbie saying 'Hello'.

Welcome !!

I keep snakes , tropical fish , a dog and a huge Pied Albino ..... Hamster :)

I kept Piranhas about 30 years ago .... feeding time was a ‘bloody’ nuisance:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mad_Max 19-03-2019 12:07 PM

Thank you Zincubus!

Only one thing springs to mind when I read that username. Incubus & Succubus, but thats a whole differect topic for elsewhere.

At the minute I only have the King and two Shih-Tzu. We had three until a month ago. I cried, wept and sobbed like a baby when she went. I miss her so much. I stayed up with her for days and saw her take her last breath at 2am in the morning. I was and am still heartbroken. She was my little girl. We still have the other two, but theres still that one thats missing.

I bought ten Piranha the size of a 50p piece. I ended up with 6 x 7" Monsters until one caught an infection. The rest was inevitable.

Debbie1962 19-03-2019 12:23 PM

:welcome:

Mad_Max 19-03-2019 12:41 PM

Thank you Debbie. :2thumb:

Zincubus 19-03-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad_Max (Post 13291551)
Thank you Zincubus!

Only one thing springs to mind when I read that username. Incubus & Succubus, but thats a whole differect topic for elsewhere.

At the minute I only have the King and two Shih-Tzu. We had three until a month ago. I cried, wept and sobbed like a baby when she went. I miss her so much. I stayed up with her for days and saw her take her last breath at 2am in the morning. I was and am still heartbroken. She was my little girl. We still have the other two, but theres still that one thats missing.

I bought ten Piranha the size of a 50p piece. I ended up with 6 x 7" Monsters until one caught an infection. The rest was inevitable.

Yeah Piranhas are messy as hell ...

I swapped mine for a portable colour tv:)

As to Zincubus ... yeah I was shocked when I started getting suggestive comments years ago ..

I’m actually kinda obsessed with Incubus but when I tried to log onto various sites with Incubus as the username it wasn’t allowed as somebody already had it sooooo
I compromised and I’ve been Zincubus ever since ...even on Call of Duty online ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mad_Max 19-03-2019 02:33 PM

Yup, Piranha are proper messy. I had to stop feeding them so much after a while just to try and keep the water parameters right. Thats even with two filters running on a 450 litre tank.

Swapping them for a portable TV, lol. Mine just died of infection. I was gutted because I'd had them for years. Once one caught it though it spread like wildfire.

On the Incubus and Succubus note, I'm a little bit obssessed with the whole paranormal/supernatural thing myself. I'm more sceptical, but at times I'm leaning more towards that there had to be something.
I only live down the road from Margam Castle in South Wales. That place has a rich history of reported paranormal activity.

Bombjack 03-04-2019 12:57 AM

:2thumb: : victory: