First time Gecko owner - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Introductions

Old 10-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Egg
Default First time Gecko owner

Hi, my name is Mandy, just brought home a baby Fancy leopard Gecko Friday, we were at the pet store & I just fell in love with her & had to have her, we named her Fergie after the dragon in the movie Shrek. She seems to be adjusting well, doesn't eat well & has thrown up the meal worms I've fed her, think they may be to big for her (she's only about 3-4 inches) we will stick with crickets for now... Can't wait until she's comfortable & settled in but any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyjo75 View Post
Hi, my name is Mandy, just brought home a baby Fancy leopard Gecko Friday, we were at the pet store & I just fell in love with her & had to have her, we named her Fergie after the dragon in the movie Shrek. She seems to be adjusting well, doesn't eat well & has thrown up the meal worms I've fed her, think they may be to big for her (she's only about 3-4 inches) we will stick with crickets for now... Can't wait until she's comfortable & settled in but any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Hi Mandyjo75! Welcome
It may well be that your little one is still settling in hence the regurge of the mealies, or could be that she gorged on them so much!

Either way, keep offering her food sparsely and I'm sure she will be fine and ensure you are supplementing if you do not have UVB