Hey, I'm New and I'm a Red Iguana Owner - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Introductions

Old 17-06-2019, 06:32 AM
Egg
Talking Hey, I'm New and I'm a Red Iguana Owner

Hello community,

This is not only my first iguana pet but also my first forum experience so I'm very excited.

My sweetness is a female red iguana, she is almost a year old (or already is, previous owner didn't know for sure). She is a curious, energetic, territorial little thing with a hearty appetite for green beans, peas, carrots, egg occasionally and raspberries for treats. She is approximately 26 inches long and growing constantly.

I have experienced a ton over the past two months of owning her from bonding tricks, to habits, to successful discipline procedures. Most importantly, I've learned that iguanas are not the so-called picky, needy, hard to care for creatures that a lot of people tend to claim. At least in my experience so far, my girl is happy living the simple life, on her branch under her lamp, not in a cage or enclosure of any kind, one foot from where I am typing now.

I'm in love with being a iguana owner. I play with my girl for at least 30 min everyday and she may be not so happy when I take her from her branch but she really enjoys the "jungle jim" experience once she is on my sweater.
I might be ranting but as a first post I hope that's acceptable.

I am glad to be a part of this forum and I look forward to finding lots of good information!

JS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
iguana , new user , red iguana