Making Mantid Enclosures - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts > Invert Care Sheets

Old 08-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Regular
Default Making Mantid Enclosures

Hi again!

So, I've made some tupperware mantis enclosures. Through vents, mesh side and top, etc. However, I've been looking at invert/aboreal acrylic enclosures and figured I can probably make my own, using vectors for the design and the laser cutter. I can do a proper mesh screen top, which is sorely lacking from the nicer acrylic enclosures I've seen - and I can cut them to exact sizes that I need - at a much cheaper price than buying them in sizes that might be too big or too small, etc.

So, here's a question:

What adhesives do we know injure/kill insects, or mantids and their feeder insects specifically?

EG: Would the glues they use for aquarium perspex be OK? Will the regular acrylic glues be fine?

As you can guess, I've looked for info on this but can't find a lot - so wondered if anyone else knew. If not, I'd rather not risk injuring any of my insects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Regular

(What I ideally want to be using is Tensol 12, which is Dichloromethane and Methyl Methacrylate according to the MSDS)

Tags
diy , enclosure , inverts , mantid , mantis