Scotland Leaf Cutting Ants For Sale - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Classifieds > Reptile Classifieds - Exotics for Sale and Wanted > Invert Classifieds

Old 01-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Forum Citizen
RFUKTrader: 0 / 0%
For Sale  

Price £110
Location fk42aZ, Scotland
Shipping Will ship: UK Only
Payment Options Paypal, Cash

Default Leaf Cutting Ants For Sale

I will have colonies of the Leaf Cutting Ants, Atta cephalotes and Acromyrmex octospinosis, for sale in January. I have successfully been importing these ants since 1990 and virtually all of the colonies sold in Europe at present are originally sourced by me.
The colonies are available in the following sizes, Atta cephalotes, small, medium, large and extra large (for commercial displays) and Acromyrmex octospinosiss, small and medium.
These colonies are personally brought back by me and are guaranteed to have queens, brood, workers and healthy fungus. I also guarantee that none of my colonies are transplanted or 'created' by combining freshly mated queens and fungus from an established colony (a common practice and one of the reasons for colony failure). All colonies collected are ethically sourced from private farm land where they would otherwise be sprayed prior to crop planting. All colonies are accompanied by relevant paperwork and copies of import permits etc. I offer full and comprehensive follow up support and online / telephone advice whilst the colony is new.
I also offer on site construction of escape proof, heated and humidified nest and foraging tanks, a full design service for commercial displays and pre-manufactured (to your dimensions) ant tanks which can be sent via courier.
Please email me ([email protected]) with your questions and requirements.
Richcymru, Smudge375 and DW2013 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2015, 02:24 AM
Regular

what are the prices?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Regular
RFUKTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Questions

When will they be available, and what are the prices- I do not want a large colony. I would almost certainly travel to you to collect if that is okay. Also what will the fungus garden come in- so what will I need to house it as I establish the colony? My plan is to initially use a large fish tank with water in it as a moat- use a heater to heat the water and a net lid to allow ventilation- unless it needs more humidity. The tank would have a nest area and a foraging area connected by a "bridge" but I have room to make the colony larger as it grows. Thanks- if answering this is easier by phone if you PM me your number I can ring you?
Thanks
Eddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchid mantis man View Post
what are the prices?
Acromyrmex octospinosis are £110 for small colony which is fungus garden size of golf ball, 100+ ants, visible brood and queen.
Atta cephalotes are £125 for same spec.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon27 View Post
When will they be available, and what are the prices- I do not want a large colony. I would almost certainly travel to you to collect if that is okay. Also what will the fungus garden come in- so what will I need to house it as I establish the colony? My plan is to initially use a large fish tank with water in it as a moat- use a heater to heat the water and a net lid to allow ventilation- unless it needs more humidity. The tank would have a nest area and a foraging area connected by a "bridge" but I have room to make the colony larger as it grows. Thanks- if answering this is easier by phone if you PM me your number I can ring you?
Thanks
Eddie
Available normally all of the time but have run out just now. The colonies I have here are all sold but I am back in Central America later this month so back in colonies by end of January.
Colonies are supplied in the containers they are collected in. For a small colony this is a tub around the size of a butter tub. I would recommend a container around 200mm cubed as an initial nest tank. Your island idea os the way I would do it. But please read the thread I have started in Habitats entitled A Conversation on Condensation. Its a bit of a heavy read but theres some gold in there relevant to your proposed setup.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Regular

id be interested but they are already available online for a similar price. what are the benefits to yours in comparison to others online?
Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchid mantis man View Post
id be interested but they are already available online for a similar price. what are the benefits to yours in comparison to others online?
OK, unless there are colonies in Europe available that I don't know about then there are 4 reasons why you should buy from me.
1. Most of the colonies sold in Europe over the past 20 years have been imported into Europe and then sold on to a third party supplier by me.
2. Colonies for sale overseas, ie in Germany, will not make the journey to you alive and if they do the fungus will be gone and you will be getting in touch with me asking for fungus to keep the colony alive.
3. Many of the 'colonies' offered for sale are actually mated queens that have been collected on their own and then given fungus to 'make' up a colony. The failure rate for these colonies is very very high.
4. Our colonies are ethically sourced. In Trinidad we have an arrangement with local farmers whereby instead of poisoning the Leaf Cutting Ant colonies around their land prior to planting their crop, they mark them and we pay them when we arrive to dig them. So our colonies come from private land and all would be killed were we not to remove them.

Hope this helps. Andrew
Old 05-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Regular
RFUKTrader: 1 / 100%

In that case can I order a small colony of octospinosis- will you contact me when they are available when you arrive back in the country please.
Eddie
Old 08-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon27 View Post
In that case can I order a small colony of octospinosis- will you contact me when they are available when you arrive back in the country please.
Eddie
Yes of course I will, it will be around the end January. Thanks, Andrew
Old 11-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Forum Citizen

There is only x1 extra large colony of Atta cephalotes left for sale now. All other sizes have availability, I will post a fresh post when numbers of these are low.

Tags
acromyrmex , atta , cutter , leaf cutting ants