Kempton Park 2015 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Reptile Shows & Breeder Meetings > Kempton Park Shows

Old 19-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Default Kempton Park 2015

A statement from the F.B.H.

Statement - Kempton Park Breeders’ Meeting

The Reptile Breeders’ Meeting which has been held at Kempton Park Racecourse in Sunbury-on-Thames for the past five years will not take place this year after senior management of the racecourse, which is owned by the Jockey Club, declined to host the event due to take place on the 16th of August 2015.

The venue had been provisionally booked in 2014 but not confirmed due to the ongoing judicial review, which is taking significantly longer than expected due to interference from a third party. The judicial review is now set to takes place on 4th June at the High Court in London.

The reason given by the senior management at Kempton Park for refusing the booking on 9th of February 2015 was:
“This decision has been taken after careful consideration and advice from the Environmental Health Organisation”

At the moment it is unclear which organisation the management at Kempton Park are referring to as there is no such entity as the “Environmental Health Organisation”. The matter is now in the hands of the Federation of British Herpetologists’ solicitors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-02-2015, 03:21 PM
RFUK Premium Membership

This is a real shame and a sad indication of how easynit is to undermine the standing of our hobby.

Presumable the racecourse can book or not book the venue To whoever they see fit - so unless they have breached an existing contract I can't see solicitors being able to do anything

Old 19-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Postaholic Member
Send a message via MSN to Crownan

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas, 1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa, 1.0 Rosy Boa, 2.2 Royal Python, 0.1 Borneo Blood Python, 0.0.2 Rough Greens, 1.0 Western Hognoses, 0.1 Tai Beauty, 1.0 Sinaloan Milk, 0.1 Chilean Rose, 0.1 Honduran Curly Hair, 0.1 Green Iguana, 1.0 Lineolated Parakeet, 0.1 Fraggle

Member #2726
RBUK #2 - 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Posting Deity

looks like i won't get to see any of you this year then- kempton is the only major show i can get to.
Old 19-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Ultra Citizen

These are the ones jockey club own

Aintree

Kempton Park
Carlisle

Market Rasen
Cheltenham

Newmarket *
Epsom Downs

Nottingham
Exeter
Sandown Park
Haydock Park
Warwick
Huntingdon
Wincanton

How about Ascot racecourse??, they have 4,000 sqm of exhibition space, though could be too late for booking
Old 19-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Nut View Post
These are the ones jockey club own

Aintree

Kempton Park
Carlisle

Market Rasen
Cheltenham

Newmarket *
Epsom Downs

Nottingham
Exeter
Sandown Park
Haydock Park
Warwick
Huntingdon
Wincanton

How about Ascot racecourse??, they have 4,000 sqm of exhibition space, though could be too late for booking
ascot is too far for many who go to kempton- the point is that kempton is the only major show in the london/south east area.
Old 19-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Regular
Default Kempton Park

This is a real shame not only for us but also those thinking of getting into the hobby, what you have at the shows is Hobbyists selling captive bred Animals. who can give advice on set ups and ongoing advice. When I first bought my animals the person I bought them from was only a phone/email away and those early days of being new to the hobby and getting very good advice from the breeder made all the difference. By and large people selling at the show are selling surplus animals. The people how start making statements about animal wellfare should do some research and come and talk to us about there concerns. Keith
veewee and nikki288 like this.
Old 19-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Ultra Citizen

This is a real shame for me as I was planning to go to it this year. This show would have been the closest and easiet for me to get to, this would have been less than an hour journey for me but Doncaster is over three hours journey. It would have been the first proper reptile show for me and I really do hope they can find another venue to hold it at that is not to much further away.
wilkinss77 likes this.

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...y-lizards.html - My Lizards

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...l-animals.html - My dog and small animals

If you need any help with Reptiles or Inverts, and you think that I can help you. Please feel free to Private Message me. I will try to help if I can, I will never refuse to help anyone
Old 19-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Ultra Citizen

Ascot is not too for most attending, its only a few more mins away from the m25 than kempton. Most travelling from around the country would be going around the M25 anyway. Train station is 5 minutes walk further though.
Sjd1987 and nikki288 like this.
Old 19-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Nut View Post
Ascot is not too for most attending, its only a few more mins away from the m25 than kempton. Most travelling from around the country would be going around the M25 anyway. Train station is 5 minutes walk further though.

Hi

We researched Ascot last year it was rather expensive. It may have a large area, but half of it is open to the elements, which would mean additional costs for a marque.

The next question is who would be outside, the dry goods suppliers? In addition the car parking is restricted, and there is nowhere to queue outside.

Excel London, was cost prohibitive. NEC, mega bucks, leaves the show grounds....

It is a shame that KP have pulled the plug after all this time, they are fully aware of the facts as are Spelthorne council.

This is with our solicitors, so no further comment.

I suggest that everyone gets behind the IHS and supports Donny.
colinm and veewee like this.

Tags
2015 , kempton park