Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards > Lizard Pictures

Old 01-03-2015, 12:07 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO233 View Post
These are my two crosses:

Male:

Female:

This is my eastern: (who is a git - bit me earlier for the first time since getting him a few months ago )

Mike your eastern is a western and your easternxwestern maybe related to Emma's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma View Post
Mike your eastern is a western and your easternxwestern maybe related to Emma's
Hi AJ,

Do you still have all your collards then? I think the last time we messaged, you were considering selling up.

OP, great little lizard you have.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Super Regular

My Lzzy keeps making a funny noise when I pick her up almost like a sneeze..... do any of your collareds do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Super Regular

Anyone??
Old 05-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDee View Post
Hi AJ,

Do you still have all your collards then? I think the last time we messaged, you were considering selling up.

OP, great little lizard you have.
Hi Danny answered your pm yes I do indeed still have my collareds as I thought long and hard about giving up but I find it too hard as they are a part of my family and would probably regret it afterwards.So yes no doubts I will have young again later in the year.

As for the question about like a sneezing no none of my collared are like this,Do you use a water bowl ? if so maybe your humidity is too high,I don't have any water in with my collareds as they get all they need from there food although I do more so at the start of the season offer them water from a syringe which they will readily take as there viv should be hot and dry.
Maybe its also the sand ? I use playsand from argos/Tesco/bq it tends to be different colours so I like to mix and when I use it well its often damp so I microwave to dry but its often really dusty so I use a sieve and pour through several times outside from a height so any dust blows away before I put in my vivs.

Sorta the same thing applies with any small animal sawdust is bad as its small and can be inhaled so best to use shavings that's something I found out in my younger days with my ferrets sneezing and sore eyes even my sons hamster I make sure he buys small shavings rather than dust.
EmmaNeedham likes this.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Super Regular

It's only ever when I pick her up like she's warning me but yet she jumps onto me sometimes. I think I may have a diva and she only wants handled on her terms lol

But ill take your advice on the sand!! Thanks
Old 05-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Super Citizen

These were some pics for someone else last year hope it works

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/coll...eeper/library/

Last edited by karma; 05-03-2015 at 11:29 AM..
Old 05-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNeedham View Post
It's only ever when I pick her up like she's warning me but yet she jumps onto me sometimes. I think I may have a diva and she only wants handled on her terms lol

In that case it just been defensive,The problem is all collareds have there own personality and my young are little monsters when they hatch as all are,They will attack me lol and they actually take upto a week or slightly more before they settle down and they bite each other a lot when first going into a viv as they think everything wants to eat them but once they realize they are safe they then settle down and you find some are more friendly than others but all are fine being handled and some actively seek to be handled.

I handle my young daily before they are sold onto shops/new owners,the problem is when they go to shops they don't get the handling that they are offered here (I am not saying they don't get attention but they wont get as much)and I have no control over them kids banging on vivs shouting or whatever so they could become nervous after my care.some people are also very heavy handed or in one case I no of someone used gloves which turned a ok wild caught collared into a nervous wreck around hands(I no I own him now)whereas the other extreme is a wild caught female I owned that was friendly from day one (she is sadly missed as my first loss due to age)Yours maybe just needs time to settle down again.
DannyDee likes this.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNeedham View Post

My Berber skink does the same......I thought at first,because she burys herself in the sand, she was kind of blowing her nose, but I now think it's a warning to leave her alone Although like your collared she sometimes climbs on you hand and runs up your arm and tries to get on your head.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma View Post
These were some pics for someone else last year hope it works

Andy Jackson's (collared_keeper) Library | Photobucket
Might just be my phone, but the link doesn't work.

Tags
collared , collared lizard , lizard