Chinese Water Dragon (6 months?) - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards > Lizard Pictures

Old 03-06-2019, 07:40 AM
Egg
Default Chinese Water Dragon (6 months?)

ey guys new to the fourm just wanted to share my cwd. I believe he's 6 months ive had him since March, very active, eats like crazy! Yet hornworms seem to scare him a bit and i believe hes to small to start eating pinkies. (Im pretty sure hes a male) his cage is always 90F(high) 80F(low) during the day and 85F at night with humidity levels at 90%-75% all thought the day. One thing that had me worried with him tho is every once in a blue moon he seems to hide all day and ends up turning dark brown and just seems up set or stressed and when i go to handle him he'll try to hit or scratch me, but i just end up taking him out and letting him roam the room as he always loves to do and he'll go and perch right up on top of my chair or climb the tapestry and hang there for a while (which are his fav spots to always go) then he progressively turns back to green and seem to get "happier" throughout the day. Im assuming he just wants to get out and when he realizes he can't he gets stressed, upset, or "moody" since after i let him hang outside of his cage he seems to get better and its back to normal the next day. Here's some recent pics of him, let me know whatcha think!Zed? https://imgur.com/gallery/YglV9Js
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chinese water dragon , cwd , lizards , tropical lizards