Some very small geckos: viper geckos and Diplodactylus tesselatus - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards > Lizard Pictures

Old 20-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Premier Citizen
Default Some very small geckos: viper geckos and Diplodactylus tesselatus

Well, the 'family' has expanded dramatically recently, so I thought I'd share a few pics of some of the new arrivals. First up are four viper geckos, an amazing species that deserves to be far more popular. I just love their tails! And before anyone says it, yes, I know that the first girlie is a tad skinny, but she lost weight due to breeding, but is now eating like a piggy and piling the grams back on.

Female 1

Female 2

Male 1

Male 2

Next, there's a male Diplodactylus tesselatus...so tiny, but with so much character. You can judge his size from the first pic; yes, he had just been cleaned out and yes, there is now a trail of calcium all over his viv

Did try to grab a few shots of the mourning geckos too, but they just wouldn't sit still long enough for me to focus the camera, so they will eventually follow in another thread...along with the gargoyles...and the Chinese cave gecko (who's proving to be very camera shy)

Website for all things geckoey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Postaholic Member

Viper geckos awesome love those tiny guys amazing geckos

0.0.1 Alligator snapping turtle - Bane
4.7.1 Turtles: Squirtle, Notchy, Tango, Mappy (map turt), Bubbles, Ellie, T, Rio, dougie, Lagoona, River, Raphael
0.0.1 Reeves turtle: reef
0.0.2 Razorback Musks: Lily and Algeazar
0.1.0 razor back: razzy
2.1 Cats: Rusty, Binx, Midnight
1.0 Labrador Rico 0.1 Staffy... Kali
? Fish: magneto, Ivan, peng, funny fat fecker, Claus, Puff, Hashimoto, Severus, Heath, ledger, joker, batman, Harley, Davidson
1.1 kordensis: wookie (chris's) kya

Monitor FAQ:
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ml#post9937118
Old 21-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Super Regular

Oh wow! Absolutely gorgeous guys and gals you have there!
Vipers are particularly lovely little lizards!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Gold Star Member

Congratulations on your newbies Val, they are very cute, look forward to updates of the gargoyles
(including pinstripes, blondes and red harlequins)

Gargoyles, Sarasinorum, Chahoua. Also keeping Leachianus Mt Kogis GT-Type A, Leachianus Henkeli Isle E
www.Rhac-Shack.co.uk
Old 21-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Premier Citizen

Oh Val they are looking ace The wee female is looking better already, couldn't have picked a better home for them than you Glad you are liking them!

Love the wee diplo too! he looks ace!! Your animal count has certainly ballooned all of a sudden!!

Anna
Old 21-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
Congratulations on your newbies Val, they are very cute, look forward to updates of the gargoyles
Julie, I'll get some pics as soon as I can; I just need to persuade them to strike a pose. I can't believe how they're growing; both have increased their weight be over 1.5g already. They seem to eat far more for their size than the cresties and always make a good attempt at clearing their food bowl every night. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard156 View Post
Oh Val they are looking ace The wee female is looking better already, couldn't have picked a better home for them than you Glad you are liking them!

Love the wee diplo too! he looks ace!! Your animal count has certainly ballooned all of a sudden!!

Anna
Anna, I'm so glad that you trusted me with the vipers; they are absolutely stunning. The little girlie started eating within about three hours of arriving at her new home and has hardly stopped scoffing since! She's gone from 3.2g to 3.6g already. No sign of any more eggs (which is probably just as well), but I can't tell you how relieved I am that she's building herself up again.

I can't believe how lucky I've been in getting the geckos on my wish list. I thought it would take at least a couple of years to find some of them, but it's actually taken less than three months since I started looking in earnest. Only a couple more species to track down now

By the way, one of the mourning geckos is now heavily gravid so there's a possibility, at least, that you could be a 'granny' in the near(-ish) future!

Website for all things geckoey
Old 21-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Regular

Very nice geckos you got there, I'm not a viperfan but I like these ones