my gorgeous rescued helmeted gecko - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards > Lizard Pictures

Old 21-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Forum Citizen
Default my gorgeous rescued helmeted gecko

had a very exciting day today, went to the reptile rescue based at brighton RSPCA to view this gorgeous little gecko after receiving a message from keith who runs the rescue. after a hair raising drive in my little ole classic mini in the rain & snow, with big lorries causing so much spray the wipers were working overtime! missed my turning, even though been passed there plenty of times my daughter & i eventually arrived
my first sighting i got of this little tiny gecko (touching 2 1/2 inches), was him curled up next to a piece of wood, fast asleep, he made my heart melt my mind was made up at that moment but none the less, still had a look at all the other lovely reps needing homes...so tempting
so home he came with me, heres a few pics:

cant think of a name yet (think male)

such an angry expression,lol

will try get some better pics, cant work out how to make them larger!!
nicky
10f yb, 08m yb, boa male, 1 boa f, sand boa, 1 rescued skink, 2 rescued beardies, 1 chameleon(m), 4 leopard geckos(2 rescued), 3 crested gecko, tarantulas, tailess whipscorpions, albino pygmy hedgehog, 2 frogs, stick insects, giant african land snails , cockroaches.
*chooks, 2 dogs, cat, rabbits, guinea pigs, 3 rescued tortoises, fish, mice, rats, finches,
2 kids amy & reece, boyfriend chris
xxxx R.I.P lister & bagheera, miss you boys xxxx

Last edited by nickyx; 21-01-2010 at 12:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Super Citizen

I LOVE Helmeted Geckos but cant seem to find them for sale anywhere! They are so gorgeous and can imagine them to have tons of personality and attitude. They always look pissed off lol. Im jealous!
Old 21-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Forum Citizen

i think i was very lucky getting him, doesnt seem to be any around, looking into it though, will let you know if i find anything if you like? perhaps if you do you could let me know?!
does look real mean,lol he had bitten keith a fair few times but i have gotten away with it today!! just got the lizard lick every now & then,lol. i even had to cup my hand round him a few times when he tried to dart off but no nipping he was never handled by previous owner
10f yb, 08m yb, boa male, 1 boa f, sand boa, 1 rescued skink, 2 rescued beardies, 1 chameleon(m), 4 leopard geckos(2 rescued), 3 crested gecko, tarantulas, tailess whipscorpions, albino pygmy hedgehog, 2 frogs, stick insects, giant african land snails , cockroaches.
*chooks, 2 dogs, cat, rabbits, guinea pigs, 3 rescued tortoises, fish, mice, rats, finches,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Super Citizen
Send a message via MSN to x_Living_Dead_Girl_x

Oh wow he/she's sooooo adorable!! I can see why you couldn't resist rescuing him/her

Old 21-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Premier Citizen

Couple of peple breeding them up here but you are right they are not easy to find if i as living back down in Sussex I would have gone and got this little fella saw him on the list on rehoming
0.1.0 Tokay Gecko 0.1.0 Marble gecko 0.2.0 African Banded gecko 1.1.0. Yemen Chameleon
0.2.0 Chilean Rose Tarantula 0.1.0 Mexican Blonde tarantula 3.4.0 Giant day geckos 1.0.0 Gehrya marginata 0.1.0.
Wahlberg 0.1.0 0.1.0 Moorish gecko 1.1 lygodactylus Picturatus
Old 21-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Forum Citizen

Nic B-C is it anyone on here that breeds them? or a shop/breeder near you?
where in sussex were you from?

bought a marina micro L.E.D hub (you can have 3 lights connected) & a blue L.E.D (moonlight) for him today, hes at this moment stomping around exploring try get a pic when i get back from work
Old 21-01-2010, 05:26 PM
5 Star Member
Reviews: 14

Gorgeous
Old 21-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Forum Citizen

thank you, still cant think of a fitting name....
would like to know for def whether male or female too, any ideas most welcome on name & sexing!
nicky
Old 21-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Super Citizen

Someone said they were looking for helmeted geckos but couldnt find them?
Heres a link to a thread, on the 3rd post. Helmet Geckos £80 if anyones interested.. Lovely gecko bte! They are soooo cute! and well done for rescuing!
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/shop-...tock-list.html

0.1 Super Snow Enigma - Pixel
0.1 Super Snow - Pez
0.1 Mack Snow Enigma - Yoshi
1.0 Tangerine Patternless Bell Albino - Unnamed!
Old 21-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyx View Post
i think i was very lucky getting him, doesnt seem to be any around, looking into it though, will let you know if i find anything if you like? perhaps if you do you could let me know?!
does look real mean,lol he had bitten keith a fair few times but i have gotten away with it today!! just got the lizard lick every now & then,lol. i even had to cup my hand round him a few times when he tried to dart off but no nipping he was never handled by previous owner
Yeah definitely keep me updated if you see some going for sale. Ive got a thing for helmeted/gargoyle geckos lately. Just try and persist with the handeling and he should calm down. Too adorable!