First Hatchy of 2013 - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards > Lizard Pictures

Old 19-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red One View Post
Totally agree mate.

A few years back when I got my first male, I could have lobbed him across every female I had. I didn't....

Now every Leo 'breeder' pretty much have W&Y thanks to our continental cousins, it seems that most are doing just that. Therefore we will have lots of 'crap' W&Y in the very near future. In my honest opinion this will just devalue the morph and I don't mean financially. You will just get lots if poor quality W&Y around like you see poor quality snows/tangerines etc.

Nobody seems to want to work at 'improving' lines any more, it seems to be all about how many genes you can pump into one animal. Tbh it's boring me a bit now.

I'm debating whether to move on my 'morphs' and concentrate my time on other stuff. Mostly because people no longer seem to want quality, just cheap genetics. I spent several years sourcing my animals from literally all over the world, to make sure I had the best 'ingredients'. Others have just gone out and bought on import the latest and greatest to start at the top.

It's not a race and I'm not arsed, I just get annoyed that what I love doing is being made to look like a competition by many people.

Ah well - may the quality W&Y rule!

Well said! Far too much rubbish out there and one or two douche bags in particular are trashing the RW pool as well...

thankfully there's still those of us who give a s**t what quality we are putting in and what we are getting out as opposed to those advertising them for sale the minute they hatch from their females that are lucky if they've reached their first birthday

Absolutely gorgeous hatchie... just a shame it's carrying a dirty bell gene looking forward to seeing what else you pop this year x
loonymoony, Artisan and LovLight like this.

Leopard Geckos - 5.10.0 - Lance, Thor, Gonzo, Magnus, Blaze, Emmi, Elektra, Faith, Tarene, Kenco, Digit, Harmony, Eryn, Daisy, Aine,
Bearded Dragons - 3.0.0- Dave, Tilly, Mylo
Oliver's Mummy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Ultra Citizen

Gorgeous baby Mark

Oy Sazzle Bells are gooooorrrrrgeous lolol
sazzle likes this.
Old 20-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Premier Citizen

Gorgoes lil hatchie Mark :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
Big Red One likes this.

www.facebook.com/seraphimgeckos
(website to follow soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Premier Citizen
Wink congrats and mini rant....

Hiya hun, missed this as haven't been on here for about a week, other more exciting stuff to be concentrating on winky wink.

Big congrats on your little beauty hun, hopefully first of a nice little hoarde for you, always much deserved, always 'quality'.

I really couldn't agree more with all thats been said 'here here' see the same with Eclipse morphs, labeled as such though they have no white washed nose to speak of grrrrrrr if we're all gonna 'do' morphs then come on guys put some bloody effort in and do them justice or leave em be and you're just spoiling them for us that care to do it right.
But then this opens another can of worms for me at the mo, just like Sazz pointed out, this year I have already seen a blinking mountain of people breeding fems that aren't even a year old and certainly not up to form, talk about a total lack of respect or love for your animals and their welbeing, makes me soooooooooooooo angry.
If any of you give a damn about this hobby stop doing sh*t like this, all its does is give fuel to those opposing this wonderful hobby and pulling it down into disrepute grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................anyways again congrats and sorry for the rant x
Big Red One, Artisan and LovLight like this.
Old 13-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Gold Star Member

A little update, also to show his development.

Couple of weeks back.

Tonight

Lesley4444 and MP reptiles like this.

http://emgee-gex.webs.com/
Old 13-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Grinning Gecko

Amazing. When W&Ys first made their debut I wasnt convinced that they lived up to the hype. Seeing such a striking good example it really is a superb morph. Sadly as already said, its another morph that is going to loose its value due to mass production and I dont mean in financial terms. .
Big Red One likes this.

Grinning Gecko & Smirks
Inspected & Licenced Gecko Breeders

Please visit GrinningGeckoUK.com to find out more about our new partnership,new ventures and the species we are working with.
Old 13-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Gold Star Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Amazing. When W&Ys first made their debut I wasnt convinced that they lived up to the hype. Seeing such a striking good example it really is a superb morph. Sadly as already said, its another morph that is going to loose its value due to mass production and I dont mean in financial terms. .
Cheers Mal,

This ones going nowhere! She really will grow to be a stunner I reckon.....

Quality over quantity every single time for me mate - only decision I will have in the future is what to pair her too, decisions decisions.

Old 13-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 20

What an absolute stunner! The lavender in the banding I'm sure will only become better and the contrast is how it should be! A top notch example!
Big Red One likes this.

I upload photos etc first here before they are on the forum, also it is easier to contact me there as i am on there more than on the forum. You will also get to see the babies for sale before the whole forum does so it is worth your while!
Old 15-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP reptiles View Post
What an absolute stunner! The lavender in the banding I'm sure will only become better and the contrast is how it should be! A top notch example!
The lavender comes from the Turk blood Marius.

It should go nicely with the lavender bells and other bits I have in plan over the next few years. Just wish some other folks would be so selective with their projects......