Leopard gecko BMI tester project! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 21-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Egg
Post Leopard gecko BMI tester project!

So from what digging around the internet I've done, i can see there is no guidelines to help first-time leopard gecko owners such as myself cease our worrying about weather or not our shiny new leo is gaining weight healthily! This seems to be largely because of the flux between size. I would like to, in a research/experiment kind of way, collect a load of data and see if there IS a pattern! At the moment I'm thinking more along the lines of BMI but I'm hoping to develop a few other lines of thought, providing i can get enough data.

So where do you lovely people come in?
It's really simple, please fill out the below 'form' for each of your geckos to the best of your knowledge I don't mind if it's incomplete (although, obviously I'd prefer it as complete and accurate as possible), and if you have further information (for example, you've been keeping track of your geckos weight or size and recording it on a regular basis) please share! You can inbox me or comment on this thread.

Length nose to tail;
Length of tail;
Width of tail;
Weight;
Age (Years/months);
Gender;
Morph if applicable;
Any recent illness or medication?;

For my lil' guy Smaug, i would fill it out like this;

Length nose to tail; 7.1 inches
Length of tail; 3.1 inches
Width of tail at widest point; 0.7 inches
Weight; I don't actually have anything to weigh him with yet, but i'm buying some kitchen or bathroom scales first thing tomorrow xD
Age (Years/months); 5 months
Gender; Not yet known
Morph if applicable; temper snow/mack
Any recent illness or medication?; nope

Thanks to anyone who chooses to discuss this, or even participate!
xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
age , gecko , leopard , size , weight