to hold or not to hold.... - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 23-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Forum Citizen
Default to hold or not to hold....

just wondering what others do....my crestie is more look but don't touch....as I prefer to watch him and give him the best set up I can but just to watch him and let him be 'free'....

I was just wondering what others do....what do you have and do you handle or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Gold Star Member

I suppose it's all personal preference. I mean a crested geckos can certainly be held but if you don't want to then it's not an issue as they don't need the interaction.

For example my chameleons I don't hold unless absolutely needed. Many people hold theirs but I don't see the need to as it just stresses them. If they come out onto me then that's fine but I never take them out myself.

Other species like my day geckos again I don't hold. Mainly due to the fact of how fast and delicate they are.
Old 24-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Regular

I get my crestie out every so often, probably a bit less than once a week on average. I take the chance to look at her and check for any signs of problems.

Mine is calm when she is out and will just hand walk. I have the opinion that the exercise is good for her i.e. walking in a straight line for than 45cm at a time , but that is not based on anything I have heard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-07-2014, 10:02 AM

I keep uros, beardies, leos, ackies and royals and if they dont mind being handled I will handle them if they dont like it then I only handle if necessary. Whatever makes them happy lol.
Old 24-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Premier Citizen

I also wonder about this, as mine is ok out but I have to chase him a little to catch him, so I stopped handling but was worried he would become just to untame, so I moved to once a week for a few minutes, but again that seemed to be too long as his running away got worse, so now I handle twice a week and that seems just enough time to keep him happyish to be handled and also gives him loads of time to himself.
demon3000 likes this.