An update long overdue. - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 21-02-2015, 01:44 PM
No Life Member
Reviews: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajd View Post
great job, the hard work and persistence paid off
It definitely has paid off with this boy, he isn't showing signs of going anywhere just yet, and his last vet visit, was quite the battle, I am very proud of what he has turned into, his spikes are repairing, he even has spikes growing out of spikes in some places, so I suppose the saying, sometimes things grow back better comes to mind.

I really appreciate it, I can't take all the credit with this boy, the great healing power, to transform this boy has came from nature itself.
lozmick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Ultra Citizen

Wow, wow ,wow!

Thanks so much for the link to this and for origionlly posting the trhead for me

He is a beast and it just goes to show through hard work, dedecation and love what we can achieve with these magnificent creatures!

You sir are an inspiration
Salazare Slytherin likes this.

It's only once you've lost everything, you're free to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAndJayFuzz View Post
Ok now I'm going to make myself look like a complete tit.
1.0.0 Crested Gecko - Spotty.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:44 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchback View Post
Wow, wow ,wow!

Thanks so much for the link to this and for origionlly posting the trhead for me

He is a beast and it just goes to show through hard work, dedecation and love what we can achieve with these magnificent creatures!

You sir are an inspiration
Thanks mate, wayakinwolf visited yesterday, I have not seen Diane for nearly 2 years, the last time she seen him, he was still undergoing rehabilitation, fluid support, so wasn't all that.

The first time she seen him, at his prime, she looked at me, and said, me dixon, he is massive, he is the biggest iguana I have ever seen, and she had a few big ones, scary thing is though, he should really have been bigger than that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Forum Citizen

Stunning....
Old 07-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Super Citizen

That is a stunning lizard and a testament to you as a keeper. Well done.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:37 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
That is a stunning lizard and a testament to you as a keeper. Well done.
They are incredibly tough animals, unfortunately to date, I am frequenting a great many iguana forums and groups, perhaps, I am being a little assumptious, but I do know Albus was bred in Stoke On Trent, I found the breeder, who had the female on a breeding loan, some 9 years ago, he still has the male, though the male was more brown than red, it was the female that was supposedly orange.

Given that fact, I have never seen an iguana as red as him, at least here in the UK, I also know that many of the babies were sold to the only pet shop around us that sells iguanas, most other reptile shops don't sell them, I also know that many of the things Albus faced, were the exact same things this pet shop advises people to do, sadly, there is an agreement with most not to sell them, (unless they can prove out) since there isn't just me rescuing them.

This individual shop wont buckle and the poor advice isn't helping.
We have to say, not having seen another like him, (around 22 babies produced) I think, that most if not the rest of his brothers and sisters are highly probably dead now, and the last time we seen one in Stoke on trent on the groups, similar vibrant red, died around the same time, I took on Albus.

I don't want to beleive it, but there are very few people I know, or see who have them, (so I think it is a reasonable assumption to make) I don't usually breed rescues, but I do want to breed Albus, (only for an egg or two) myself, to save his genetic lineage, you don't get reds like this every day, and I think it would be a massive shame to see that go with him eventually, I have had reds here that just turned into dull browns, but it is proving difficult finding a true red form female, healthy enough to cope with it, so it may not even happen yet, depends on if someone is prepared to loan me a healthy female.

These animals are far too beautiful, majestic to go through some of the things they do.

Arcadiajohn likes this.

Last edited by Salazare Slytherin; 07-04-2015 at 10:41 PM..

Tags
update