Reptile Forums banner

bearded dragon cool end question

833 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Debbie1962 
#1 ·
Hi guys just a quick question I've broke my socket where the cool end of my 4ft vivarium is (I use a ceramic as without it the temp drops to 21 degrees and I am aware the cooler end should be around 28-30 which is what it reads when my ceramics in). The temperature at the cool end is 21 and I can't get one till the weekend will my beardie be okay? Her basking spot and everything absolutely fine just the cool ends a bit to cool in my opinion. .. and help would be appreciated guys thankyou :)
Craig

#2 ·
Hi, the lowest ambient only needs to be between approx 21 to 24c, then the only other temp you need to know is the surface of the basking object at between approx 40 to 45c (daytime) no other temp matters much at all (contrary to popular opinion), unless of course the ambient gets too high on the warm side but that would be highly unlikely with the relatively low basking temp as recomended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.