Back in the reptile game, GiANT DAY GECKOS - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 29-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Hatchling
Default Back in the reptile game, GiANT DAY GECKOS

From the age of 10 I had multiple 'exotic pets' up until about 4/5 years ago when I was 18 I got rid of my last reptile a 'yemen chameleon'. Since then I've had ago at marine fish and was successful.... for a short while, but now I'm in the financial position to have for me what I always wanted, A full on exo terra display viv with all the bells and whistles, so the other day I did. Spent an extortionate amount on the largest exo terra, monsoon system vines, plants, logs, waterfall, light canopy ect ect.

The thing is now I had ordered all this stuff (which arrived today) I wasn't 100% even what I wanted. I've had corn & garter snakes, Tarantulas, Scorpions, mantids, millipedes, chameleon & tokays. So looking back through them I cancelled out the inverts and snakes, I did think about another chameleon but I wouldn't want to cramp it in the viv. So I got thinking about gecko's, I loved my tokays although they were little sh*ts but they for me stood out the most.

So along the Gecko track I needed one that is fairly large as my exo terra is 90cmx45cmx90cm and I think back to one I saw years ago which was a Madagascan Giant Day Gecko. I look through online about them and it helped me set my mind on one. Well 2 I would like a pair. Not to breed or anything I just feel I have the space then why not.

If there is anybody else that owns them on here I would love to get a bit of advice and see your set ups, or if there is any breeders of them in south east that would be nice as I would like to get them from young.

Happy to be getting back in the reptile game, does anybody know how to add a few pics of my viv? at the moment it is very bare but I have ordered plenty more and I shall be getting some alspenium nidus for the viv as well.

Thanks for reading - Ash
wagg likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
day gecko , exo terra , gecko , giant gecko , lizard