I have a question about misting. - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 17-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Regular
Post I have a question about misting.

I want to get a leopard gecko but i am not sure what to mist the gecko will definitely have a moist hide but i dont know whether i should also mist the gecko or terrarium itself.Furthermore, where do i nedd to put the humid hide close to the cold or hot one???

Last but not least something irrelevant, does the gecko need uvb lights or it won't allow them to sleep????

Thanks in advance,
Manolis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosMax View Post
I want to get a leopard gecko but i am not sure what to mist the gecko will definitely have a moist hide but i dont know whether i should also mist the gecko or terrarium itself.Furthermore, where do i nedd to put the humid hide close to the cold or hot one???

Last but not least something irrelevant, does the gecko need uvb lights or it won't allow them to sleep????

Thanks in advance,
Manolis
Unnecessary to mist the whole viv, Leos like a dry environment. UVB lamp during the day won't do any harm.
Old 17-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Super Regular

I mist lightly in the mornings. I don't do it everyday and I don't have a set routine but a light mist over rocks and down viv walls adds an extra opportunity to drink. They use it. This doesn't replace the need for a water bowl or humid hide.

Humid hide should be nearer the warm side.

UVB should be provided. Provide plenty of dark hides so they can completely escape the lights. Switching it off at night(this should be obvious but see plenty asking about it).
Azastral likes this.

Tags
hide , humid , leopardgecko