Leopard gecko vs bearded dragon - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 18-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Regular
Wink Leopard gecko vs bearded dragon

Which lizard of the two will tolerate handling more and does not mind if i handle it for long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-06-2018, 06:07 PM

Probably neither by a 14 year old.
Old 18-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Super Citizen

my leopard gecko seems to enjoy coming out and just roaming around, i wouldnt call it handling though.... i simply let him explore myself and the room im in but always supervised

my bearded dragon doesnt like to come out that often and when she does, its usually to just sit at the window and look outside.... then wants to go back in her vivarium..... she doesnt seem to want to chill on me for long at all like i hear of many other dragons

though my gecko is 5 years old and my dragon is only about 10 months old so... that may change, i dont know

Old 18-06-2018, 08:08 PM
Super Regular

A hamster or rabbit.
DStruct and elishacoombes9 like this.
Old 18-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsfeathers&fur View Post
Why dude whats wrong with 14 year olds
Old 18-06-2018, 11:41 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
think this is a bit blunt and disrespectful you got a some one young on here asking questions on how to care/what will be best for him have some respect and help them out (more so whit you been a moderator on the site)

Old 18-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Regular
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd_1 View Post
think this is a bit blunt and disrespectful you got a some one young on here asking questions on how to care/what will be best for him have some respect and help them out (more so whit you been a moderator on the site)
Thanks for that bigd_1
Old 18-06-2018, 11:47 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosMax View Post
Thanks for that bigd_1
no props i help you out but i know little on the 2 you are after as i not keeper them

Old 19-06-2018, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosMax View Post
Why dude whats wrong with 14 year olds
Quote:
Quote:
no props i help you out but i know little on the 2 you are after as i not keeper them
The OP has made literally loads of posts regarding reptiles - all of which are being answered, but he keeps on 'arguing' with the information he is being given, stating that he has read elsewhere what is suitable for which lizard etc, and that we are wrong!

Sorry, but in my opinion, no reptile likes being handled in the way that has been asked in previous posts; no lizard can be housed in such small enclosures as to the links provided; no lizard likes being transported backwards and forward to temporary enclosures.

I've nothing against questions being asked if advice is taken on board and the same question is not repeated in another thread! I've nothing against 14 year olds owning reptiles, as a parent myself, providing the iparent(s) is/are fully in agreement and understand the care/commitment required, together with any potential costs etc and that the child is fully aware of them too.

Of course at 14 years old so many things can change, and guess who can end up having to care for the animal(s) when said child goes away, say to university etc?
Old 19-06-2018, 01:48 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
The OP has made literally loads of posts regarding reptiles - all of which are being answered, but he keeps on 'arguing' with the information he is being given, stating that he has read elsewhere what is suitable for which lizard etc, and that we are wrong!

Sorry, but in my opinion, no reptile likes being handled in the way that has been asked in previous posts; no lizard can be housed in such small enclosures as to the links provided; no lizard likes being transported backwards and forward to temporary enclosures.

I've nothing against questions being asked if advice is taken on board and the same question is not repeated in another thread! I've nothing against 14 year olds owning reptiles, as a parent myself, providing the iparent(s) is/are fully in agreement and understand the care/commitment required, together with any potential costs etc and that the child is fully aware of them too.

Of course at 14 years old so many things can change, and guess who can end up having to care for the animal(s) when said child goes away, say to university etc?
i seen his had lots of post but at least he asking and not just going out there and buy the 1st reptile there see in the shop whit no research and think it sinking in my be a bit slow then you like but there get there if you help like this forums for

and its not just at 14 things in life and change am 34 and over the last few years i gone from have a good job to no job to working for my self then moving to Canada to work and now back in the uk (non of that was plane )

Tags
bearded dragon , leopard gecko