Will it be ok???? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 18-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Regular
Default Will it be ok????

Can a bearded dragon live for around 10days in a 60x30x30cm because thats the biggest one that i can carry with me.It will only be for a fewdays and i will handle them a lot so it will be out all the time.Will it stress it a lot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Why have you got to carry it with you? Why not wait until you are well and truly settled and in a position to buy what is needed before getting a Bearded Dragon, or indeed any reptile.

S/he will not want to be handled a lot nor out all the time, and yes it will stress it a lot.
FK Geckos likes this.

Last edited by Shellsfeathers&fur; 18-06-2018 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: Didn't make sense must be the vino!
Old 18-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Super Citizen

how would you provide the electrics if you are carrying it with you?

Old 18-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Super Regular

No. it will be difficult to get the correct basking temp and have a low enough temp in the cool end.

They should be left well alone for the first few weeks and only handled if absolutely necessary.

"Them" indicates multiple lizards which really isn't a good idea especially for a new keeper like yourself. A single beardie needs a 5'x3'x3' or thereabouts so 2 will need at least a 7'.

Yes it will stress it/them.

As above if you are getting a lizard wait until you can provide what it needs. The enclosure needs to be setup for a few days at least in advance to make sure everything is perfect. You should have the lizard for 20ish years so be patient.
Shellsfeathers&fur likes this.
Old 18-06-2018, 10:57 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStruct View Post
how would you provide the electrics if you are carrying it with you?
I will be at my home just when im in the car it wont have any electricity
Old 18-06-2018, 10:59 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsfeathers&fur View Post
Why have you got to carry it with you? Why not wait until you are well and truly settled and in a position to buy what is needed before getting a Bearded Dragon, or indeed any reptile.

S/he will not want to be handled a lot nor out all the time, and yes it will stress it a lot.
When i go to my second house in the countryside i cant live the lizard alone for that long.
Old 18-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK Geckos View Post
No. it will be difficult to get the correct basking temp and have a low enough temp in the cool end.

They should be left well alone for the first few weeks and only handled if absolutely necessary.

"Them" indicates multiple lizards which really isn't a good idea especially for a new keeper like yourself. A single beardie needs a 5'x3'x3' or thereabouts so 2 will need at least a 7'.

Yes it will stress it/them.

As above if you are getting a lizard wait until you can provide what it needs. The enclosure needs to be setup for a few days at least in advance to make sure everything is perfect. You should have the lizard for 20ish years so be patient.
I have everything ready for the lizard,but what can i do when i go on holiday in my second house in the countryside i cant live it alone
Old 18-06-2018, 11:08 PM
Super Citizen

get someone to look after it for you, ive just been away on holiday for a week. my mum and dad looked after mine daily whilst i was away.
if you cant do that, you will be suprised at local reptile shops that do boarding, i was suprised myself at a shop near me, its only £2.75 a day..... which if you think about it isnt that bad, cost of electric per day + food per day.... all included

I really wouldnt be taking it in the car and travelling around, think of it from a general point of view... they are territoral animals, so if they're surrounding keep constantly changing they are going to be confused which can lead to stress, stress can make humans ill, let alone lizards

im no expert by any means and certainly not here to preach at you, but i really would try and avoid doing what you are about to by any means necessary
Old 18-06-2018, 11:25 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosMax View Post
I have everything ready for the lizard,but what can i do when i go on holiday in my second house in the countryside i cant live it alone
You either buy another full sized enclosure or you get someone to look after it.
Old 18-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStruct View Post
get someone to look after it for you, ive just been away on holiday for a week. my mum and dad looked after mine daily whilst i was away.
if you cant do that, you will be suprised at local reptile shops that do boarding, i was suprised myself at a shop near me, its only £2.75 a day..... which if you think about it isnt that bad, cost of electric per day + food per day.... all included

I really wouldnt be taking it in the car and travelling around, think of it from a general point of view... they are territoral animals, so if they're surrounding keep constantly changing they are going to be confused which can lead to stress, stress can make humans ill, let alone lizards

im no expert by any means and certainly not here to preach at you, but i really would try and avoid doing what you are about to by any means necessary
Ok i will try to find a petshop near me that is capable of taking care of my pet.Thanks for the advice

Tags
bearded dreagon , holiday , tank size