Chinese water dragon tap water - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 21-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Hatchling
Default Chinese water dragon tap water

Hi guys, I'm very soon going to buying my CWD hatchling in about a months time, so far I have got all the lighting correct the viv side of things is all but sorted.

Now I'm going to be having a big 65 litre container inside the viv made to look like a natural pond area that the dragon will be able to swim in and go completely under if he wants being a hatchling it won't be full right up obviously. But as regards to the topic title is it ok to use tap water for the pond? I will be having a internal fish filter (non UV) in the pond to keep it circulated clean and moving with a spray bar so he can see the water moving like a waterfall, but I'm unsure if the chemicals/chlorine in tap water will be dangerous to them, as with my other reptiles I just put in some REPTISAFE water conditioner in there small bowl which uses a few drops, but with 65 litres worth that amount of water I would be using loads of conditioner and soon be buying water conditioner very often and becoming expensive. What do you other guys do who have a pond area in your viv's?? Or any running water for other setups? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-06-2018, 07:40 AM
Premier Citizen

I use tap water, always have done and had no issues. My fella spends plenty of time in his pool so Iíd say that heís ok with tap water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'When you donít have many friends and you donít have a social life youíre kind of left looking at things, not doing things. Thereís a weird freedom in not having people treat you like youíre part of society or where you have to fulfill social relationships'

~ Tim Burton.

Tags
water dragon tap water