Help needed - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 11-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Hatchling
Default Help needed

Hello, I’m new to this forum but I have used it many of times over the last few weeks. Basically I have a pair of African tiger gecko’s (pachydactylus tigrinus) and I’m moving them from there 30x30x30 into a big 3 foot old fish tank I got given, I’m going for a bioactive tank and I’m looking to eventually add more geckos into it but I don’t know what top layer to add, I’m sure your all aware that it’s nearly mid summer and there are no dry leaves about, and I really don’t want to have to pay for some dried up leaves... so my question is what should I (or could I) use instead? I’m using some sort of soil mix I bought from a pet shop, I can’t remember the name of the brand but the guy said it was a slightly less expensive Arcadia mix. I mixed this with some coco husk and placed it into the tank, I know tiger geckos are mostly housed in tanks with sand or clay but I have read that they also come from parts of tropical areas so I’m trying to experiment with the soil. The humidity will be around 30%-40% which I know is fine from reading the scarce care sheets and found about these little beauty’s. And I’m also going to be placing slate down on one half of the tank and leaving the rest plain to see if they venture out into the planted soil. Also just to let you know I plan on having the 30x30 tank still set up and ready for them just incase they don’t like it or I see problems developing, thanks in advance 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement