Gonatodes albogularis fuscus - How do i take care of them? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 06-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Egg
Default Gonatodes albogularis fuscus - How do i take care of them?

I recently bought a male and female pair of yellow headed geckos from a reptile show. I was asking the guy what they were and how big they get etc. I was told they’re great beginner geckos, that they’re yellow headed dwarf geckos (a day gecko specie) and that i should put a philodendron plant in their tank. I can’t fimd the proper care for the gecko i bought and i have no idea what i’m supposed to do. There’s virtually nothing about their care on line and for what i can find, it’s not very extensive. Can someone please help, i want to give these geckos the best life i can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Postaholic Member

Yikes !
Quite a tricky predicament you have there... best get Googling and checking on YouTube for basic care suggestions until some kind soul comes by ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Super Regular

Good starting place might be to google their natural range and behaviors. That will give you a rough idea of temperatures, humidity, etc in the absence of anything else. Hopefully someone can come along with a little more knowledge.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shleb_jo View Post
I recently bought a male and female pair of yellow headed geckos from a reptile show. I was asking the guy what they were and how big they get etc. I was told they’re great beginner geckos, that they’re yellow headed dwarf geckos (a day gecko specie) and that i should put a philodendron plant in their tank. I can’t fimd the proper care for the gecko i bought and i have no idea what i’m supposed to do. There’s virtually nothing about their care on line and for what i can find, it’s not very extensive. Can someone please help, i want to give these geckos the best life i can.
From what little I understand, these are similar in care requirements to Phelsuma Madagascar day geckos, but on a smaller scale. Vgorst will probably know more than I do when she's here next.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Super Regular

You'll need an arboreal enclosure preferably around 45x45x60cm. They are very active but prefer to remain out of sight so plenty of small and large leaved plants covering cork tubes, branches and bamboo shoots. I gave hot spots up to 35C and maintained lower level temps around 24C. Night temps were 20-24C. I misted them heavily one day and then the next lightly and repeated. The substrate would stay moist but not wet. 6% T5 uvb tube should be provided. Feed small prey and dust with calcium and multivitamin without D3.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Super Citizen

+++ Gonatodes albogularis fuscus +++

More can also be found on German websites, simply google: "Gonatodes albogularis fuscus haltung"

If you wanted the provide the best care possible, why would you buy them without clearly knowing nothing about them?
FK Geckos likes this.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
If you wanted the provide the best care possible, why would you buy them without clearly knowing nothing about them?
I second this. You should also have either got all the essential info off of the seller or at least got his contact details so you could ask for help after the expo.