Reptile Forums banner

Horned Mountain Dragon

451 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Salazare Slytherin 
#1 ·
So being the spontanious thing i am, i got one dem bois from petsmart, and hes not in the greatest condition, kinda curious cus he kinda grunts? when he moves (wasnt handled well being shipped to the store i believe) so he has bad legs and i was wondering if theres a way to kinda work him out or get him to move them around or what to do, gonna be taking him to a vet soon!

#2 ·
If he is a wc specimen he is probably dehydrated and will likley require some parasite treatments, I am assuming your in the US so only a vet would be able to examine and treat, here in the UK we wre fortunate to have the PALS lab which lets us send fecal samples direct for examination.

Your prioroty has to be looking at hydration and enviroment also, they don’t like it too hot compared to many other lizards, I would be reluctant to provide more than a 27c basking spot with a vertical drop to cooler temperatures in an arboreal enclosure, I have used t5 6% tubes and 10% t8 tubes reflected approx 8-10inches away from the highest basking platform with success, mutliple sprays daily and a wide variety of gutloaded insects (I find they tend to prefer worm and grubs more than anything) They will also appreciate condensed greenery in the form of live or artifical plants to hide in.

If lethargic or not moving much, deffo stress, probably dehydration and if wc definitely parasites all need addressed.

I hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.