Substrate : beardie life
Temperatures : 40°C basking spot , 27°C cold end,
humidity : 32%
UVB : Arcadia ProT5 12%
Basking bulb : 75W Arcadia halogen spot
supplements: earth pro A and earth pro Ca

Lights on at 07:00
Lights off at 21:00

Has cork bark as a basking spot as-well as hide throughout enclosure, fresh salad provided daily although he doesn't eat it.

Problem :

He rarely basks I have to put him on his basking spot as he wont go there by himself he then only basks for 10-15 mins then goes back to hiding or laying in the corner.

He goes crazy for live food which he is given 3 times a week and runs about his enclosure to catch them, When I got him from the rescue centre he was very active in the shop however since getting him home he has turned into a pet rock he has been with me over 2 months now.

I had a parasite check done that came back clear so that isn't causing the problem.

just wondering if anyone has any advice, could it be that his vivarium is on the floor, is it common for bearded dragons not to do anything, is there something im doing wrong?

See less See more
#2 ·
Another thing to note a week ago I went away for 3 days and had a family member come in a check on him everything was fine while I was away with temps and lighting, but just before I went away he was being more active, and since getting back he hasn't been could he just need time to get used to me again

#3 ·
I wouldnt be using cork bark as a basking spot, you would do far better with natural stone.

How are you measuring those basking temps?
40C is too low, should be nearer 45C, but thats also a surface temp and based on using stone. Cork wont hold or reflect light anything like slate (most commonly used) will. The cool end could also do with being a few degrees lower, it shouldnt be over 26C and really you want it around 24C in the far cool end.

Temps could be a contributing factor, could also be the way the weather has been all over the place in recent weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.