My bearded dragon - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 02-08-2019, 08:09 AM
Super Regular
Default My bearded dragon

Hi all,

I have recently put a deposit down on a bearded dragon. It is described as red hypo trans.

See below picture would you say that is this accurate?

Iíve watched some YouTube videos he does have trans nails and beard slightly and black eyes but I havenít a clue really.

Saturation risen slightly in picture as he is nigh on as bright as that in reality.

It doesnít mean too much to me I mean I love the little guy and itís not as if he is a planned breeder.

Iím picking him up in 5 weeks due to moving house and waiting to set up his 5ft wooden viv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 09:30 AM
Premier Citizen

He isnt a red, but definitely had a pure red in his parentage/genetic line.

Going on the eyes and claws, how vivid his colours are, I would say quite confidently hes a translucent, couple of months old, in reasonable shape looking at the tail and body.
He is definitely a high end morph, product of a cross between citrus and red lines, lots of strong oranges and youll end up with dark orange/red patches as well. Tiger like pattern but thats also very common with high end citrus morphs.

Reds are actually pretty rare, genuine ones anyway. The majority labelled as reds are actually citrus/citrus crosses and tend to be very dark oranges. Genuine reds are vivid red, but the morph line very easily vanishes once other morphs are crossed into it. (Reasonably certain the red phenotypes are reccessive given how easy it is to loose it and how hard to breed it back out to show again.)

What price tag have they put on him?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azastral View Post
He isnt a red, but definitely had a pure red in his parentage/genetic line.

Going on the eyes and claws, how vivid his colours are, I would say quite confidently hes a translucent, couple of months old, in reasonable shape looking at the tail and body.
He is definitely a high end morph, product of a cross between citrus and red lines, lots of strong oranges and youll end up with dark orange/red patches as well. Tiger like pattern but thats also very common with high end citrus morphs.

Reds are actually pretty rare, genuine ones anyway. The majority labelled as reds are actually citrus/citrus crosses and tend to be very dark oranges. Genuine reds are vivid red, but the morph line very easily vanishes once other morphs are crossed into it. (Reasonably certain the red phenotypes are reccessive given how easy it is to loose it and how hard to breed it back out to show again.)

What price tag have they put on him?
I see, I have looked online a lot and itís a mine field particularly on YouTube for info on morphs and colours.

He was £245 unsure if thatís a good price or not really for type. I know for my normal beardy I paid £65 at the time so there is a big premium on this guy. However itís a night and day difference in looks at least.

They had a darker red female there for £295 but she looked brown in places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Premier Citizen

I would think £200 is an expected price for a high end breeder quality dragon. £245 is a little more than I would hope but it doesnt shock me its a very good example.

Do you know actual age and length?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Premier Citizen

Does he have a tail nip?Might just be the angle/photo but it seems to stop while quite thick at the end.

Have you asked for a full set of photos of it/seen it in person?
Old 02-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Super Regular

Quote:
I would think £200 is an expected price for a high end breeder quality dragon. £245 is a little more than I would hope but it doesnt shock me its a very good example.

Do you know actual age and length?
Quote:
Does he have a tail nip?Might just be the angle/photo but it seems to stop while quite thick at the end.

Have you asked for a full set of photos of it/seen it in person?
CB 18 apparently late 18. Although the guy did say in another part of our conversation he said only a few months old. The reptile house is well known and pretty impressive so I donít have any particular worries just curious.

Here is another pic of him only took two unfortunately. He was in shed both times I saw him (within a week). What I will say is his reds are pretty bright in person particularly in well lit areas like around his face.

His tail and all digits are fine I have seen him twice in person . I think it was just pointing in to the sand.

£245 I was happy with as in person Iíve never seen any as nice in a reptile house certainly local to me anyway!
Old 02-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Super Regular

In contrast to my normal guy Pyro RIP. Somehow managed to drown in his water dish.

All temps normal, eating and pooping well, very active in excellent shape found him slumped in his water dish : ( broke my heart. Water dish wasn’t even particularly big/deep. Other theories is he loved to climb the back wall (exoterra glass 90x45x45 with background) possibly fell as he has previously done this but it’s not that high he could possibly have fallen knocked himself out and drowned in his water dish. Either way it’s taken some time to get another. Sorry for the miserable story!

Tags
beardy