Reptile Forums banner

What to feed a baby night desert lizard?

241 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Azastral 
#1 ·
Hi

I just rescued a night desert lizard, as I live in the high desert of southern California. It was found in my house and is very, very tiny. I am quite familiar with the night desert lizards as I have had them before as pets but this one is probably just a week or a couple of weeks old. And I was wondering how I should feed it. In the past, I gave more of the adults, which I had, anole food, spinach bits and fruit bits, live meal worms etc. But they were able to digest these sources of food because they were more mature and had mature digestive systems. This little one is a new experience for me and I was wondering if I should ground up he anole food and maybe some very tiny bits of salad greens and if dried meal worms ground up would be easier than the live ones.

This small creature is very lively and well so I hope to find a way to nourish him. Any suggestions or related links to this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much
Wendy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.