Collared lizards?? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 01-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Regular
Default Collared lizards??

Hello I wondered if anyone keeps or breeds these as I’d like to get a set up with pair for my son. He particularly likes the yellow heads or the aqua bluish ones ( can’t remember name) if someone could point me in right direction I’d appreciate it. I may take him to the November Doncaster show once I’ve done setup. Would I be likely to find some there? Any help welcomed
Thanks
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1975 View Post
Hello I wondered if anyone keeps or breeds these as Iíd like to get a set up with pair for my son. He particularly likes the yellow heads or the aqua bluish ones ( canít remember name) if someone could point me in right direction Iíd appreciate it. I may take him to the November Doncaster show once Iíve done setup. Would I be likely to find some there? Any help welcomed
Thanks
John
Yes, you'll most likely find some there. I've seen a few in shops around my area, but you don't see as many of them as there were a few years ago.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Regular

Thanks for reply. I’ll take him then if I do desert setup I suppose he’d be as happy with rankins? Was hopeful I could arrange pick up before hand re post nearer time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Egg

I've got two male Easterns bought through my local reptile shop! Supposed to have been a male and female. Going to be looking for females next year. Always interested in finding new sources of Collards.
Old 16-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Regular

That’s a shame really I understand they are really quite easy to sex so you wonder if they just cared if they were a pair or not. I bought a pair from guy in Essex nice enough guy but certainly not an expert he picked me out a pair no bother even now couple of months on they look different he has grown more quickly and his head is noticeably bigger. I’m chuffed with them clever little characters already learnt to take food from hand and can be held if they jump anywhere it’s normally back into viv. A guy offered me adult trio but my son wanted babies. They will be in brumation now but if your interested pm me and I’ll pass on his number(check with him first)
Old 20-11-2019, 07:37 AM
Regular

My pair particularly the male have really grown and started to colour up. I’m wondering if I should put them through brumation? I’m thinking if I give warm day and shorter hours (like snake cooling)But low night drops it will give them the seasonal cue without stress of actual hibernation for couple of months.my intention was to brumate next winter properly to stimulate breeding in spring of 2021. My concern really Is that they breed randomly at some point next year when the female is not quite ready my thinking a winter rest will give them the stimulation to kick into breeding the year after seasonally and not some point next summer that I can’t control. I’ll include pics of growth rate I think born August/September.
Old 20-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Regular

Male September the pair now
Attached Thumbnails
Collared lizards??-f7e52c63-43ba-4c8b-b7a7-6484c33725e2_1574234951240.jpeg  

Collared lizards??-f21ea1dc-4432-482a-be82-d4621cecad84_1574234969560.png  

wilkinss77 likes this.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Egg

I've reduced light and heat light times by 1 hour and they've become less active and eating less but don't plan to do that much past Xmas this year.