Enclosure size Dwarf Sand Gecko - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 12-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Hatchling

Hey so I al interested in getting a Dwarf Sand Gecko but I am on a budget for the terrarium and cant find any good ones on craigslist near me. I have My eye on a 30x30x30 cm terrarium but am questioning if it Will be big enough. I have seen Some forums say its good enough but those were posted in 2015 and I don’t know if that is outdated. Any response is welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2020, 08:09 PM
5 Star Member

I'm not entirely sure which species you're referring to, but that enclosure size won't be anywhere near big enough. Any types of 'sand geckos' tend to need hot basking spots and you won't be able to achieve the right thermogradient in an enclosure that small

https://www.facebook.com/BizarreBeasts/
Old 12-02-2020, 08:32 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgorst View Post
I'm not entirely sure which species you're referring to, but that enclosure size won't be anywhere near big enough. Any types of 'sand geckos' tend to need hot basking spots and you won't be able to achieve the right thermogradient in an enclosure that small
Yeah thats What I was afraid of. I was kinda choosing between Praying mantis or a gecko but im going To go for the praying mantis then.