Green Iguana Ulcer? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 18-09-2020, 07:51 PM
Regular
Exclamation Green Iguana Ulcer?

Hi,
SO i've had ruby for many years now and she was badly mistreated before we got her. We finally got her into good shape after about a year. Few years later and she developed a small lump on her bottom jaw but we live no where with vets that take reptiles but i clean the inside of her mouth and it seemed to not bother her, she's been eating and drinking fine. I come back today and it seems to have gotten bigger and 'burst' in her mouth. Ive added a pic so you guys can see but i cleaned the mucus from it and used Tamodine on it to try and stop infection. Her enclosure has been fine for years and then all of a sudden this has happened. One thing i have lacked it Calcium in her diet which we have stepped up to now, Could this be a cause for it or something else and what can i do to help her?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-09-2020, 07:51 PM
Regular

https://i.imgur.com/NyFrnjS.jpg
Old 18-09-2020, 09:42 PM

Whereabouts are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-09-2020, 11:03 AM

We're trying to help you here and on your other post, to find a vet - you've been online, but not responded.
wilkinss77 likes this.
Old 19-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsfeathers&fur View Post
We're trying to help you here and on your other post, to find a vet - you've been online, but not responded.
This is one of the reasons I've been pushing for the admin to make it compulsory for new users to complete the location field as part of the application process.

I still find it hard to accept that it's so difficult to locate a vet in the area (or a a few 100 mile radius) that is capable of look at this and the OP's boa.
wilkinss77 likes this.

Malc

Old 19-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
This is one of the reasons I've been pushing for the admin to make it compulsory for new users to complete the location field as part of the application process.

I still find it hard to accept that it's so difficult to locate a vet in the area (or a a few 100 mile radius) that is capable of look at this and the OP's boa.
It's also very frustrating when a noob posts using say, American spelling & vocabulary & are therefore assumed to live in the US or Canada, only to reveal after being repeatedly asked that they come from London or Manchester or elsewhere over here!
Malc likes this.

Tags
disease , iguana