Can you cohabitate Leopard Geckos? Can it even be preferable? Here's the science! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 23-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Regular
Default Can you cohabitate Leopard Geckos? Can it even be preferable? Here's the science!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvRH...el=JTBReptiles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-11-2020, 07:44 PM
Ultra Citizen

I know lots of people who have pairs/trios living together, they breed them and never any problems.
I used to have a pair, and also had a trio, both in bio vivs. All got on perfectly and never a problem. Used to sleep together which was sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24-11-2020, 07:13 AM
Premier Citizen

Leo's co-habiting is pretty safe and easy, as far as i am aware you just need to keep males separate.
As with cohab for any species, ensure you increase the viv size and provision of food/water/heat etc to reduce any possible competition.

The video is like watching a 10yr old talk about a school science project (although admittedly, his enclosure has been done really well...the large one he talks about keeping his male in).
There is nothing new here.
elishacoombes9 likes this.

Last edited by Azastral; 24-11-2020 at 07:18 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-11-2020, 10:22 PM
Regular

Free content, and I thought a lot of care and effort had been put into it.

The intention appeared to be to open discussion on the subject, rather than claim to be the leading authority, or new ground breaking relevation.

Very few have a 'David Attenborough' quality in their presentation style, so would it cause harm to show a little more tolerance with diversity of expression?

A** grade from me

Andy
Old 30-11-2020, 09:42 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azastral View Post
Leo's co-habiting is pretty safe and easy, as far as i am aware you just need to keep males separate.
As with cohab for any species, ensure you increase the viv size and provision of food/water/heat etc to reduce any possible competition.

The video is like watching a 10yr old talk about a school science project (although admittedly, his enclosure has been done really well...the large one he talks about keeping his male in).
There is nothing new here.
You say that, but have you seen what happens in Leo groups if you mention cohabitation. Or even for any species. It becomes Mayhem.

Liam does a great job with these videos, presenting information in an easy way for Laymen to absorb, on topics that most people aren't covering. In a world with Brian Barcyzk as the most famous youtuber in our community, I think we could do with more Liams, presenting factual, scientifically accurate information.

So rather than put someone down for being like
Quote:
a 10yr old talk[ing] about a school science project
we could off support and constructive criticism/advice to encourage the continuation of this series, and perhaps drive others to do the same.
Roseanna likes this.

www.bioactiveherps.co.uk

Tags
gecko , geckos , leopard gecko