How Do You Feed Your Boscs And What Do You Feed Them ? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 28-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Premier Citizen
Default How Do You Feed Your Boscs And What Do You Feed Them ?

Hi

How do you feed your boscs??? Tong feed them feed them in a box ( I Hate Crickets So I woudnt like live food running around in the viv) or do you just let them run around the viv
and What food do you feed him boiled egg, locusts just mice etc

Cheers chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-05-2008, 04:47 PM
5 Star Member

Whole prey items only. Crickets (though mine don't like them), roaches, locusts, morios, GALs. Just chuck them in the viv - afraid you may well have to get used to touching them from time to time. Personally I hate touching crickets but everything else I'm fine with. Rodents/quail/odd whole raw prawn are offered with tongs.
Old 28-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Premier Citizen

Ok Cool. Would It Be possible Not to feed crickets but just locusts gals etc Or is That There Natural food ????

Thanks chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-05-2008, 04:51 PM
5 Star Member

Possible, yes, none of my lizards like crickets. But I wish they would as I think it's nice to offer them a variety. Couldn't you get one of those cricket-feeder thingies? I know lots of people don't like touching them.
Old 28-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Premier Citizen

Ye I Could Ill Just Get My Mum To Give Me Some Lessons( She Loves Them), I Have Till Christmas to like them
Old 28-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Citizen
Send a message via MSN to Shiori

We just chuck the bugs into the viv, it gives him excercise chasing his food. I also leave worms and morio worms in the substrate as it encourages him to dig. Anything else is fed to him with tongs and he eats his egg off of a spoon.
He has a rat every week or so, and he gets this after having to chase it around a little, we drag the defrosted rat around so again he gets a bit of excercise.

As for what he feeds on i like to keep it varied: Locusts, morio worms, snails, fruit beetle grubs, cockroaches, earthworms (purged), rats/mice/hamsters/gerbils and egg as a treat.
His other treats are chicken, red meat (trimmings from dinner), and fish, but he dosent get these very often, rarely in fact.
Old 28-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori View Post
We just chuck the bugs into the viv, it gives him excercise chasing his food. I also leave worms and morio worms in the substrate as it encourages him to dig. Anything else is fed to him with tongs and he eats his egg off of a spoon.
He has a rat every week or so, and he gets this after having to chase it around a little, we drag the defrosted rat around so again he gets a bit of excercise.

As for what he feeds on i like to keep it varied: Locusts, morio worms, snails, fruit beetle grubs, cockroaches, earthworms (purged), rats/mice/hamsters/gerbils and egg as a treat.
His other treats are chicken, red meat (trimmings from dinner), and fish, but he dosent get these very often, rarely in fact.
Cool Cheers
Old 28-05-2008, 05:00 PM
RFUK Premium Membership
Reviews: 6

Just make sure you can afford them lol. Mine is only 08 baby, and easily cost me £15 a week in crix, locust, mealies, roaches ect ect
Old 28-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Premier Member
Send a message via AIM to R0NST3R Send a message via MSN to R0NST3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
Just make sure you can afford them lol. Mine is only 08 baby, and easily cost me £15 a week in crix, locust, mealies, roaches ect ect
Wait till they get to adult and you're bulk buying large locust at £48 a week LOL
Old 28-05-2008, 05:01 PM
5 Star Member

Agreed - at one stage I counted up and realized T was costing me somewhere in the region of £60 - £80 a month - and that wasn't including the electricity bill.