Your Bearded Dragon - Its habitat and Water! - Page 20 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 16-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to s3xy_sheep

good info

i removed my beardies waterbowl completely over the winter ....... and have now replaced it with a small self pumping fountain that runs on 2 x AA batteries (£3.99 from me local garden centre) since this has gone in i have seen my beardie drinking a fair few times and the level reducing sometimes when have not seen him drink so prob drinkin more often than i think

since the running fountain has gone in my beardie's appetite and toileting have increased and he seems more active has anyone else noticed anythin simmilar with running water ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Super Citizen

Gonna sit down and read this thread over the weekend.
s3xy_sheep likes this.

Troy - The Bearded Dragon

Click Here To View
Old 19-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Egg
Default beardy temps

in response to the temp for beards. lots of threads on here say he needs temps of 100f -110f , which i have tried to get in his basking spot.
but yesterday he was sick 3 half locusts so went to my local store to be told temps this high are not good.
so now I've set his basking spot at 35 c ( 95f ) and the cool side is 25 c.
will these temps still be ok for digestion ???
I'm new to beardys and don't know what to make of him being sick ( i mean i know its not good ) but should i just leave him with veg for a day or 2 then try locust again, an then panic !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebaz View Post
in response to the temp for beards. lots of threads on here say he needs temps of 100f -110f , which i have tried to get in his basking spot.
but yesterday he was sick 3 half locusts so went to my local store to be told temps this high are not good.
so now I've set his basking spot at 35 c ( 95f ) and the cool side is 25 c.
will these temps still be ok for digestion ???
I'm new to beardys and don't know what to make of him being sick ( i mean i know its not good ) but should i just leave him with veg for a day or 2 then try locust again, an then panic !!!
Here check this website out it has everything you need to know and please believe top breeders over the petshops.
Caring for a Bearded Dragon - Hades Dragons UK
Sometimes when they eat to much too fast they can be sick but this would happen within an hour of eating.
If the food was from day before and hadn't been digested then something is badly wrong and its probably your basking temps too low.
Old 13-04-2016, 12:43 AM
Hatchling

What is the minimum size tank a bearded dragon can live in?
Old 13-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Premier Citizen

Why have you brought back a thread that hasnt been active for years?

And then to ask a very simple question that has been answered multiple times in dozens of threads within the last few months?

Guessing you're a troll
Old 13-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Hatchling

NO I am NOT a troll.

I am new to the forum and to be honest it was late last night when I was looking at the forum after a very long day working as a community care worker.

I was thinking of getting a bearded dragon and yes I'm sure the question HAS been asked many times before BUT I couldn't find a sticky that answered the question after 10 minutes of looking (using only my mobile phone a to browse so not the biggest of screens).

Though I shouldn't have to justify why I asked what to many is a simple and maybe over asked question.

Being called a troll for asking a newbie to reptiles and this forum isn't the reply I expected from what I thought might be a friendly forum. Though that also doesn't seem to be the case.

Can I point out that these forums are supposed to help newbies and encourage people to make the right choices so they get a pet and housing for said pet somewhere near correct so that the animal as has good a life in captivity as possible.