beardie doesn't seem interested in vegies - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Premier Citizen
Reviews: 1
Send a message via MSN to tom1400
Default beardie doesn't seem interested in vegies

I put vegies in with my beardie everyday. I use, mixed rocket and luttece. It doesn't look like he touches any of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Forum Citizen

is your beardie a hatchling, if so i wouldn't worry too much, a lot of hatchlings won't show any interest in veggies.
keep offering as he gets older and he'll prob start to take them.
avoid lettuce though, it is 90% water and wil prob just give him the runs, i use mostly leafy greens and big leaf water cress with a small amount of fruit and other veg mixed in.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Citizen

How old is he..babies and juveniles don't really like veggies that much. You should really skip giving him lettuce and offer dark leafy greens such as collard / spring greens, mustard greens, alfalfa, endive, escarole and chard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Premier Citizen
Reviews: 1
Send a message via MSN to tom1400

his 22'' 3 and a half year old beardy?
Old 11-03-2007, 09:13 PM

has he just gone off them or have you just got him?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Creator of RFUK - Now Retired.
Send a message via MSN to t-bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewb View Post
How old is he..babies and juveniles don't really like veggies that much. You should really skip giving him lettuce and offer dark leafy greens such as collard / spring greens, mustard greens, alfalfa, endive, escarole and chard.
Agreed, dont feed the normal iceburg type stuff.. no nutrients. Put a few waxies in, that should get hom interested in the salad bowl
Old 11-03-2007, 11:40 PM

I've got the saem issue with my Rankins. they're not interested in them at all but they are juveniles so i guess thats why. I've also got a problem with one of my females. she hid for about 3weeks when we got her, we thought she was prenant but she came out of hiding and their are no eegs to be ound and no she's underweight and not very good at catching criks. should i seperate her from my other two when i feed them to get her weight back up?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Premier Member
Send a message via ICQ to sami Send a message via MSN to sami

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibbler View Post
I've got the saem issue with my Rankins. they're not interested in them at all but they are juveniles so i guess thats why. I've also got a problem with one of my females. she hid for about 3weeks when we got her, we thought she was prenant but she came out of hiding and their are no eegs to be ound and no she's underweight and not very good at catching criks. should i seperate her from my other two when i feed them to get her weight back up?

sounds like you should seperate her full stop.

Acting like that she's either ill, unhappy, being dominated or a mixture of all three. Most likely is domination (don't forget however many dragons you have in there will all want the best food, basking spot/comfy spot etc etc etc.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic_axolotl View Post
sounds like you should seperate her full stop.

Acting like that she's either ill, unhappy, being dominated or a mixture of all three. Most likely is domination (don't forget however many dragons you have in there will all want the best food, basking spot/comfy spot etc etc etc.
She seems quite happy and they all bask together without any problems. When we got her, she ran around digging holes for a whil;e then disappeared under a rock. wedin't disturb her incase she was pregnant and she came out last week and seems happy, just underweight.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:56 AM
5 Star Member

A while back one of my females was frantically digging but nothing seemed to happen. She seems very healthy and lively and eating well though. If they don't lay, do they re-absorb the eggs? (if indeed she was carrying any)

Mine all eat their greens (rankins dragons) - they get pak choi, chinese leaf, some of the mixed salad (but no iceberg) and salad cress and dandelions from the garden (pesticide free) when in season. They won't touch any fruit - they act like it's poison