social dragons? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 02-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Ultra Citizen
Reviews: 13
Default social dragons?

Whats your thoughts and opinions on keeping bearded dragons together? Do you believe they need to be social or kept well away from eachother?
Ive got two tiny dragons and they are currently ok together i don't want any harm coming to either of them and not sure i want to run the risk of them fighting. advice from experianced keepers would be great!!!

Contact me on [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Super Citizen

i personally wouldn't keep a breeding pair together permanently, stresses out a female too much.
i'd probably keep two females together providing they got on well and they both ate like horses.
male and male should never be together, it's calling for a dead dragon.
they're solitary animals, they only really come together to breed.
they're fine on their own, but can work in pairs of females.

since yours are so little, you won't be able to tell what sex they are, you should always have a spare vivarium just incase they starts fighting.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular
Exclamation Two males? Nonononononooo!

I'd agree with not keeping two males together. Zu and Woody were bought at the same time, from the same clutch (or so we were told) and sexed incorrectly as females. Six months later it was obvious they were both male, buit everything seemed OK. Then, about a month ago, Woody started bullying Zu, and the violence worried me so much I built a new vivarium for Zu. They now both seem much happier apart, but they also seem to miss each other (?)
Lesson learned...
0.0.1 Goldfish - Alex : 2.0.0 Border Collie - Yukio & ZiB: 1.0.0 Pomeranian - Orson

Tags
bearded dragon