Sick Baby Beardie. Help??? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 31-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular
Reviews: 1
Send a message via MSN to SammyJo
Exclamation Sick Baby Beardie. Help???

Hey
So ive got 2 baby beardie's. Both got at the same time.They are at about 15 weeks or more now. About 3 days ago, one of them started getting sick, Putting his head down, not eating, falling over, sleeping alot, his lost weight and I didnt think he would make it though the night, but he did. I tried one of them on mealworms to see if they would eat it, and they did, could this be the problem? or something else?
I cant go to the vet as I dont have enough money at the moment, But when I do, he will go.
He's also lost the interest in food and not eating at all. Is there anyways I can make him eat? As he hasnt in about 2 days.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Premier Citizen

Well it could be mbd, not from what you have done but they can have it from birth. I have never had a dragon with mbd but i know that it can cause a dragon to become dissorientated and wobbly. Also, one of the first signs is twitching, spasms, seizures etc... as it effects the nervous system. I cant be certain but its an option. At such a young age, a dragon can go downhill very quickly. Like i say, it might not be that as i have never had it with a dragon, someone else may be able to give their ideas aswell. Also, i believe one of the top killers if not the number one killer of baby dragons is dehydration. They need water at all times and misting lots of times per day.
Old 31-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Gold Star Member

first thing i would do is try to split the beardies... i had this last year with my 2 and unfortunately the weaker of the 2 died despite all the effort cooljules and llamagirl put in... it could be down to bullying, you wont always notice this but it is very common, try bug soup, squish up some crix/locust/mealies and waxies into a paste and let the bd lick it from your finger x

Leopard Geckos - 5.10.0 - Lance, Thor, Gonzo, Magnus, Blaze, Emmi, Elektra, Faith, Tarene, Kenco, Digit, Harmony, Eryn, Daisy, Aine,
Bearded Dragons - 3.0.0- Dave, Tilly, Mylo
Oliver's Mummy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Regular
Reviews: 1
Send a message via MSN to SammyJo

Thank you so much for your advice, im going to try the bug soup first, Hes eaten one small cricket and had a bath and seems to have pick up a bit.
Old 31-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Forum Citizen
Default hi

hi sorry i dont have beardy so cant give u any advice just wanna say hope all goes well and hope he picks up keep us informed
thanks
debz
1 hubby
im so addicted to reptiles i find there company better than humans
debz