Advice,advice,advice needed plz quick this has broke my heart - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 AM
5 Star Member
Exclamation Advice,advice,advice needed plz quick this has broke my heart

Hi all ive just been to a reptile shop to get some live food for my leos and other animals and thought id take my son to see there reptiles when my heart stopped beating , this poor little gecko (leo) was as thin as a pin so i comented and said shes well thin the guy at the store said shes realy ill but yet was with the mother to me it looks like she has crypto as there is no weight on this poor thing i even commented that she should not be with the mum if so as she looks healthy ,then theres a other lizard a green one that looks like a dragon with a long tail thats dead thin aswell i realy need to know what to do as this has realy upset me and the thing is there in veiw of customers , i expected better from this company and have tanks out of sigt of customers for sick lizards , they said that the mother leo and baby were brought in by a couple who didnt want them anymore becouse the babys is in such a state i dont think it will live another week

please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 6

council?
but tbh other than buying them there isn't much you can do within a week, they clearly need vet attention so i would TELL him rather than inform him, they need a vet asap and hopfully his errors may become more apparent and his caring side may come out and get them help.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Premier Citizen

Oh sweetie sadly these things happen I have saved a few reps from shops that do things like this. Best to be straight to the point with the owner of the shop I dont understand why any reputable shop should have alot of ill dragons out the back maybe they should re-assess there knowledge of them. R.S.P.C.A probably wont be all that bothered which is very sad.

Its not nice seeing things like that hun its nice to hear you gonna try do something about it as suggested try calling the council see what they say. x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
5 Star Member

honest if you should see this poor leo.the guy thinks he seems to think he knows about reptiles but im sorry if he knew he would know to remove the ill one from the healthy one not keep it and im sure the mother dont relise its its baby o im so mad this is not just one but 2 different lizards that are thin i didnt say anything about the green lizard as that was in with about 3 others and thought he would prob say o its the one of the babys ill ring the council and see what they say ,if the baby leo has got crypto is there any chance of survival if im allowed to take it as this seem realy unfair
Old 08-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Premier Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to Paul B

All Councils have animal wardens who should inspect and visit all shops selling livestock.
All shops have to have a licence to sell animals and these can be revoked if they are not doing it properly.

Ring the Council. Hopefully they will help.

P
saz g likes this.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Premier Member

The council are the ones to ring.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
5 Star Member

im just on phone now to council ,would i be able to take the leo if possible to help it and give it a chance in life but what if it does have crypto is there any chance of fattening her up and i know its vet help to but willing to do this to give her a chance
Old 08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Premier Member

I would offer to rescue them, They will probably try and say 'you can buy them if you like' if they do kindly inform them that sick animals can not be sold under the terms and conditions of their petshop licence.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariex4 View Post
,would i be able to take the leo if possible to help it and give it a chance in life but what if it does have crypto is there any chance of fattening her up and i know its vet help to but willing to do this to give her a chance
this may sound hard but please do not buy the leo ~
1. if she's that bad regardless if it's crypto or not then chances are she isn't going to make it
2. if it is crypto then chances are she will die ~ crypto isn't something that can be cured and made better
3. if you buy her then unless strict quarentine is in place you stand the very high risk of infecting your other leo's
4. the kindest thing will probably be for a vet to pts

Leopard Gecko and AFT Information, Care sheets, Health, Behaviour and much, much more.

*I'm a short, plump, grey-haired Grandmother ..... NOT a fella*
Understanding Leopard Gecko Behaviour
Research and read before you buy and breed!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:23 PM
5 Star Member

there going to send somebody out to veiw the reptiles and possibly get back to me of whats happend hope they see these lizards