Reptile Forums banner

What to put in a 45x45x60 exo terra viv??

6K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  ginnerone 
#1 ·
Hi,

basically what the title say's, i got a new viv for free and would like to put something intresting in it! something that can be handlled if poss!!

any ideas?

thanks

#2 ·
I may be wrong here but think you can get pigmy chameleons in that

#9 ·
Everywhere ive seen caresheets it says for a terrarium for the little ones. Ive wondered why they didnt need netting tbh. Personally id go for the day gecko option but then you cant handle them. Ive been told contrary to popular belief piggmys are quite difficult to keep. There is a guy on here ill try and find him out for you that sells CB ones. Dnt buy the WC ones there very difficult to keep alive apparantly

#7 ·
I'd go for Crested Gecko too....perfect size for one :2thumb:

#12 ·
crested gecko they are so cuteand theres a few on the classifieds here from reputable breeders.

#15 ·
personly i think its a little small for a tokay,they get pretty big,
a cresty would be fine as long as it gets out to be handeled enough,but would still prabably benefit from more space,
pygmy chams would be perfect if they wrent so fragile,as said if u can find them cb u will have alot less heartache,but u wont wonna handle them,there are quite a few species so do ur research,but i had a big group a few years ago in one of them and thats perfect size
in my oppinion anoles although small need more space too,i used 2 have a big2/2/6foot anole tank and they used every inch of it,very active critters and great to watch,very underrated
have u thought about turkish/meddeteranian house geckos(hemidactylus turcicus),or another small member of the genus hemidactylus,
u could get a group of mouning geckos in there,bibrons gecko,etc,
id go with a smaller gecko species if the exo is gonna be home for life
does it even have to be a lizard,there are loads of interesting aborial frogs that would find a well planted exo a nice home,
just make sure u do ur research,geckosunlimited is a good place to brouse if u wanna pick a small gecko

#16 ·
alot of species here that would comfortably live in that sized enclosure the rest of thier life,

but what about a baby water dragon or basilisk? then upgrade later...

by the time thier ready forsale the body of either as a baby of these is about the width of 3 of your fingers!

just a thought.

theres always day geckos;)

#19 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions,

i will look into them all, what about snakes? i know its on the wrong section but any small snakes?
Oohh lots of responce for snakes then PMSL
perfect for a crested gecko. That's what iv got mine in :)
probs ok for a tokay too, though i dont keep them so im just guessin lol
you could also keep a few pygmy chams in there, tho be warned, they dont live very long, and if wild caught they tend to die off within a few months, so if u do go for them, make sure they're CB :)

xx
Yeah you can put a tokay in a viv that size, although the bigger the better as always but that is probably the minimum size for an adult tokay, and they can be tamed down with time and patience, Aaww cuddley tokays

#23 ·
wow i can see where these little fellas get there name from. They are cool

#25 ·
youd expect it to jump out and bite your neck everytime you went to feed it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.