Feeding/other possible problems problems - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 23-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Default Feeding/other possible problems problems

After introducing a smaller chinese water dragon into the evironment with my 6 month old aussie water dragon. the water dragon has stopped eating. i have tried moving the new dragon out for a while to get him to eat but no success. and he won't eat out of my hand either. The new dragon is a glutton and is eating up a ton of crickets. just wondering if its normal for a dragon to not eat for afew days after a new reptile is introduced. The other problem i am having is with basking my aussie dragon is about 18inches tail included and this new chinese one is about 13- 14 tail included i don't have a scale at the moment to wieght them but anyway the larger one is laying on the smaller one in the warm spot i know this is to conserve heat but i was wondering if it was hurting the other dragon would he move or just lay there and take it.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Ultra Citizen

The problem is i think is the stress of moving from cage to cage. leave him to settle down for a week, maybe 2 before he is fully happy and settled. goodluck.
Old 24-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Ultra Citizen

oh and maybe the bigger dragon is dominating the smaller one? if they get aggressive maybe they should be seperated? Dan

Old 24-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Super Regular

Don't own these myself, but don't think you should be keeping lizards of different sizes together
I'm not sure on the aussie/chinese mix either, but tbh I think your best bet is to give them their own set ups
Wait for someone more experienced to give their advice first though
Old 25-07-2007, 04:22 AM

i am home most of the day and keep a close eye on them and so far there has been no head bobbing or any aggressive behavior that i can notice he just stared eating today had 2 crickets so atleast he got something. hopefully he will eat a few more for me tomorrow.
Old 25-07-2007, 12:17 PM

Would you be able to set up a seperate basking spot in your viv, they'll have their own space then so less risk of any fighting.