Rescued Leopard Gecko - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 01-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Default Rescued Leopard Gecko

Got a Gecko a few days ago and could do with some advice. It has not eaten for 2 months and keeps shedding. It had dried skin on its head with a closed eye and retained skin on its feet. I have soaked them and it has now come off. I am told it last ate wax worms but I want to try to give it a varied diet! Any ideas or tips would be great Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh74 View Post
Got a Gecko a few days ago and could do with some advice. It has not eaten for 2 months and keeps shedding. It had dried skin on its head with a closed eye and retained skin on its feet. I have soaked them and it has now come off. I am told it last ate wax worms but I want to try to give it a varied diet! Any ideas or tips would be great Thanks
best tip would be to get it to a vet for checking over and if possible either a full feacal test done or if not then a cloacal wash/test to rule out parasites/worms etc.
Waxxies are highly addictive for leo's and it'll take time, patience and (if the leo is a good weight) starvation to get the leo off of junk food and onto a varied more healthy diet
One way if the leo refuses other livefood would be to smear the waxxie guts onto the crix/hoppers etc and trick the leo.... either way would get it health checked by a her vet first.

Leopard Gecko and AFT Information, Care sheets, Health, Behaviour and much, much more.

*I'm a short, plump, grey-haired Grandmother ..... NOT a fella*
Understanding Leopard Gecko Behaviour
Research and read before you buy and breed!