Reptile Forums banner

new viv problems x

210 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jadeladine 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Any one got any ideas how to secure wood to glass??

Ive made Oz's (3mth cham) new viv but the bambo that lies horizontally is not secure at all. It wasnt a major problem before as he was very light. Now he is getting bigger and i dont want him to fall. Ive stuck both ends of the wood into plastic suction caps, then stuck this to the glass. But it isnt 100% secure and can fall down. Any ideas?? I was thinking maybe some type of reptile friendly glue, or aquarium sealant?

What have you used for horizontal fixtures in your vivs?? Pics would be good. Thanks,

Jade

#2 · (Edited)
Hi id would leave the suction cups on the end and apply aquarium sealant to the ends and leave for 24 to 48 hours to dry properly.

Should hold it fine but if you are not satisfied pull the sticks out and just use a glass scrapper to remove the sealent or a stanley blade with a bit of water..

#3 ·
Thanks. Problem is the sticks inside the caps isnt that stable either so i may end up with caps being stuck, but not the wood, unless i use sealant in their too??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.