Reptile Forums banner

Lunar - New Hatchling

1K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  loonymoony 
#1 ·
now i'm inclined to think tremper as opposed to mack tremper but can someone clarify for me please, her yellow is very faint but its still there so IMO i thought that was enough to brand her just a tremper, but a very pretty one at that :D x

See less See more
#2 ·
Iv not a clue but she's cute :)
Oh btw, last year one of my hatchlings managed to make a concrete-like paste on its feet by walking through its water bowl into its calcium. Just to warn you lol, I keep my two lids at opposite ends of the tank now, cos once that paste dried, boy was it impossible to get off! the baby actually lost a toe :/

But cute hatchling :)
xx

#3 ·
they all bloomin do it lol, thanks for the tip though will keep an eye on that happening :) x

#6 ·
i stole loonymoony's name because she has a beautiful name and thought it would perfectly fit a beautiful hatchling :) x

#7 ·
Personally, I`d say she has every chance of being a Mack Tremper - with yellow and tang` being poly`genic, the strength of the parents colour (or even what colour they`re hiding in some cases) can influence a MS`s hatchling colour which would usually be a crisper white as you know.

In the majority if cases you`d expect all Snows to hatch out pure white and then start to colour as they shed (if they were going to); but it definitely happens that some hatch out slightly frosted with yellow - I had a Creamsicle and a Mack T_albino stripe that hatched out with distinct colouring, so I`d say yours is looking good.

It`s a beauty btw - lovely pattern to her.

#8 ·
thanks funky :) fingers crossed cause she's a beaut x

#10 ·
I'll be stealing your girls names next haha x

#13 ·
Not bad

for a Tremper !

:lol2:

#19 ·
She is looking stunning :D definitely been woffling down those roaches since we were last over haha xxx

#20 ·
Thoughts guys??

Yep she's doing sooo great, I'm really proud of her!

What do people think..... I am guessing she is in fact a Tremper (with a nice stripey pattern) as opposed to a Mack Tremper as we thought possibly at Hatching, since she has yellowed out sooooo much, I always think of Mack Trempers as being a lot paler, please set me right If I'm wrong here, thoughts guys????

#21 ·
I think the main way to tell is by proving her out all my mack trempers are darker as I incubate at lower temps but she has definitely yellowed more than the others xxx

#25 ·

Thanks love, that she is, she's one of those lovely little Leo's who makes you feel really proud to own her, aside from the obvious beauty, she has one of the sweetest natures I've known in Leo's, especially in the girlies which seem to be a lot less trusting and more flighty in my experience so far ha! Usually it's the big chunky boys that really win me over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.