Reptile Forums banner

Thermostat question - beardie

235 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pinkyp 
#1 ·
I have just bought a second hand viv as my beardie girl needed a bigger one. I think due to the size of the previous viv, she was too hot. The temps were a bit high so she just laid in the coolest place. Now the new viv is much bigger and the temps are stable and there is a definate gradient. This viv has a dimmer thermostat on it controlling the basking lamp. Obviously the lamp goes off when the probe senses the viv has reached temperature. Will this work? Or do you think I will need a different thermostat. It will be an ideal set up for my snake when I get the 4x2x2 that I have ordered for the beardie.

Just wanted your opinion on the dimmer really haha

#4 ·
Ha thats good then (obviously I dont mean about your dimmer lol). Previously her basking light was on constantly during the day and she was getting too hot. She is much happier this afternoon with the extra room and perhaps the better temps. She has been very active, exploring her new surroundings I suppose but looks less lethargic and has coloured up too, she was very pale before. Poor girl, she was only in this viv as a temporary measure but I didn't feel I could wait for her big viv so bought this one to give her better temps and room. Thanks again, you have put my mind at rest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.