Reptile Forums banner

Not so peckish Leo....

492 views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Lozza.Bella 
#1 ·
Hiya Guys,
I mentioned before that I got two baby Leos from Donny Last week, both 3-4 weeks old now. The male is munching and pooping well but my female is not, I am aware that it can take up to 2 weeks to settle but I'm worried because she is so you and tiny......
Any ideas Guys would be greatly apreciated
Cheers :)

#2 ·
Are they kept together? Do you have them in a viv/vivs or RUBs? What temps do you have on the floor of the warm side and do they have a cool side? What foods have you tried?

#3 ·
ditto as Jools has asked

#4 ·
They are in RUBS, kept individually, they have dusted mini mealies on offer 24/7 refreshed every day with their water and I offer them a few mini crix every night about 9ish, what they don't eat after an hour I take away. All insects are gut loaded for up to 24hrs before being given to my Leos.
The hot end is between on average 85-90f and cooler end 70-75f
They both have identical rubs with warm and cool hides, a moist hide, water on offer, a bottle top with calcium in it if they want it and a dish of mealies.
I hope it's something that can be rectified before it's too late!
Hope this helps and Cheers Guys :)

#5 ·
Hi, you could try to up the warm end temps to 88-91F - this may help. Make sure she can see the mini-mealies - I use clear plastic castor cups from B&Q - and that they are positioned near to her favourite hide so she does not have to venture far. You could also add some CCF to her drinking water if you have some. The little one is probably still settling in though. This is the reason I won't sell mine before 8 weeks old or 20g minimum weight. It means they have more reserves to cope with relocation stress. Hope she is ok for you.

#9 ·
Hi, you could try to up the warm end temps to 88-91F - this may help. Make sure she can see the mini-mealies - I use clear plastic castor cups from B&Q - and that they are positioned near to her favourite hide so she does not have to venture far. You could also add some CCF to her drinking water if you have some. The little one is probably still settling in though.
*nods* I keep the hatchlings and young leos at the higher end of temps for their floor hot end (90*f) plus I use shallow jar lids for the mealies ~ it may help to partially cover the top of the RUB with kitchen roll etc to minimise the light.
This is the reason I won't sell mine before 8 weeks old or 20g minimum weight. It means they have more reserves to cope with relocation stress.
exactly.

#7 ·
CCF is Critical Care Formula. It is a mix of electrolytes and protein which can keep their energy levels up if they need a bit of support. All of my newcomers get this and I find it helps. Alternatively you could use Avipro or Reptoboost.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.