Reptile Forums banner

Such a horrible decision!

Tags
lizards
731 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Monitor93 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well today me and my OH decided that we have sell our little bosc :'(
I don;t want to sell him at all!! But we don't have any money to feed him unfortunately, so we have to sell him to be kind for him and to think of his welfare. It's got nothing to do with space etc. We just can't afford him on such little money.
Just needed to get it off my chest :(
i'll miss the grumpy fat git XD he's lovely. Has the most beautiful eyes ever. Bright red with hints of yellow. He's a beautiful Bosc and I'll miss him very much.

:(

#5 ·
It's always a shame to have to get rid of an animal, but then again I am one against people buying monitors without taking into account or being able to keep up with their feeding or housing requirements. I know many baby boscs bought around my local area end up on here for rehome or sale a few months down the line, I only know one person around here who has kept their bosc until adult. The sad thing is the situation is going the same way with niles too. You should make sure you can afford to feed it as an adult before you even buy it as a baby. They grow up very fast.

Costs are a hard one because it depends what you feed and what you pay for that food.

A lot of people with monitors try to become self sufficient and breed insects and rodents.

If you were buying everything from pet shops you'd be looking at £10-15 per week easy.

#3 ·
No he's not an adult, he's about 8- 12 months. He eats alot. He's a pig haha. He can go through about 6 boxes of locusts a week (if you feed him them all) and mice he loves. :)
: victory:

#9 ·
Hi everyone,

Well today me and my OH decided that we have sell our little bosc :'(
I don;t want to sell him at all!! But we don't have any money to feed him unfortunately, so we have to sell him to be kind for him and to think of his welfare. It's got nothing to do with space etc. We just can't afford him on such little money.
Just needed to get it off my chest :(
i'll miss the grumpy fat git XD he's lovely. Has the most beautiful eyes ever. Bright red with hints of yellow. He's a beautiful Bosc and I'll miss him very much.

If you like mate i can take him of your hands you can come and see him all you want:) do ya no he is a boy? + how do you no caz i have a boy i think but im not 100% lol, dave (my bosc) is also a lazy ass haha. Where ya from?

#11 ·
I know, my bosc is a little fatty. He eats for Britain. There's a post on the classifieds for him. We where told by the owner he was a male. We did think about it, but my OH's family are asking him for money all of the time so we just can't afford him anymore. Im heart broken. I love him to bits!! He's lovely when he's out. Loves his baths and feeds from tongs very gently. him
My Oh's the only one working at the mo,which makes it harder, cause I'm finding it so hard to get a job!! D:

As long as he goes to a loving home then I don't mind so much. (and if i get to visit him XD )
I'm just thinking of him and whats best for him. If I had the money I'd keep him. Space is no problem at all, it's just his appetite is impossible to fill!! D: But thats whys I fell in love with him. I love everything about boscs and was very excited to see him grow over time and watching him feed is amazing! But my OH just can't afford it anymore. He's only on a part time wage (Uni gets in the way haha) and out of that he has to pay for his car, phone, give his family money and food for our lizards.

I'm located in Cardiff, check out the classifieds if you're interested. Please, if anyone could take him soon I think it would help. Im finding it really hard to come to terms with the fact we have to sell him. He's the best thing I've ever bought and I love him very much, so if anyone has a loving home with or without company for him, it would be great if you could PM me.

Thanks alot everyone. :) This is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do and I NEVER want to do it again. He's a part of my family now and now he has to leave. I can't think about it or even look at him without crying out of guilt that we can't afford him.

Please no abuse about "you should have thought about it" because we did think about it, our circumstance have changed alot over the 4 months we've had him.

Thanks again. :) : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.