Reptile Forums banner

Help baby crickets in Tokays enclosure

540 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  forteh 
#1 ·
We seem to have tniy baby crickets in our Tokay enclosure what should we do, clean it out or will they just die.

#2 ·
Take the crickets out, they may feel the need to nibble at your tokay if they get hungry enough. If it's not an option you could always continue to gut load them whilst they are in the viv by leaving food for them in there to munch on - also would bring them to one spot which would be easy pickings for you tokay! : victory:

#3 ·
What size tokay, what size crickets? :)
If theyre too small for the tokay to hunt/consider a food item I would be inclined to clear out the substrate and try to get as many out as you can, could well stress the gecko if there are too many.

Failing that you could always just keep a bowl with some cabbage leaf in there for the crickets to eat; that way the crickets are gutloaded, grow and provide a food source for the tokay.

edit: dammit too slow! You can always just add a water bowl that they will be able to climb into and drown :)

#5 ·
If they are in there and you dont put in anything for them to nibble on, then they are more likely to munch on your tokay.

You can try to remove them all, but with crickets being crickets it will be difficult to get each one, so it is still worth while to leave a bit of something for them to munch on.

#14 ·
Crickets chirping at night doesnt bother me any more, spent a couple of nights being kept up by them though, just sleep through it now :D

#15 ·
my missus does i still cant handle it. then again i cant stand stuff like dripping taps maybe thats why i became a plumber

#16 ·
Ever thought to go into extermination? Just think of the job satisfaction :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.