Reptile Forums banner

Your setups.. Organised?

2K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  purple-vixen 
#1 ·
Some who know me know I have just a tiny, mild piece of OCD, which I call organisation, that means that all my vivs are in order.

I have females on one stack/wall, Males on the other, and then all the babies across the room.

I have all my desert species on my middle shelf, and my leos in the dining room. Now I call this organised... It also seems to be a little easier to remember who needs feeding when :)

Anyone else have a similar setup?

#4 ·
It just works doesn't it?

Haha sounds great PV, got any pic's? :2thumb:
Mine are just all over the place :lol2: really must organise the wires ;)
Yeah, there are some old ish ones in the habitat section, but can go get more..

Well, the wires all over is Fortehs pet hate, so that's a good thing, between us, we have a pretty organised house lol!

#6 ·
Erm, I do like cleaning, tidying, organising and decorating... So, don't be coming on here saying too much otherwise I may be popping round a few houses lol!

I remember one shop I went into, it was so disorganised, faunariums precariously stacked on top of each other, dusty vivs, wooden ones, stacked on top of exos, live food balanced across a wonky shelf...

#7 ·
Some who know me know I have just a tiny, mild piece of OCD, which I call organisation, that means that all my vivs are in order.

I have females on one stack/wall, Males on the other, and then all the babies across the room.

I have all my desert species on my middle shelf, and my leos in the dining room. Now I call this organised... It also seems to be a little easier to remember who needs feeding when :)
lol you've seen my set-ups and know it's organised..... chaos :lol2:
probably even more so now as extra shelves, vivs etc just seem to keep appearing from somewhere :blush:

#11 ·
Bwahaha! But yours are at least stacked safely! And hey, this "appearing thing" keeps happening here too, ahem.. :blush:

yes..cos that way i can also take the old food dish out as im spraying the next tank and it is easy!
Hell yes! I also do this, I call it efficiency :D

Erm, I do like cleaning, tidying, organising and decorating... So, don't be coming on here saying too much otherwise I may be popping round a few houses lol!
QUOTE]Feel free!!! :lol2:

Mine are not organised at all but then again i dont have lots of the same species etc just bits and bobs everywhere!
Next wed good for you? :whistling2:

*wanders off to see what lovely reps live with joey...*

I'm totally with you here, def not alone.......Males in one stack, females in another, juvies have one section and hatchlings another, live food its own shelf. Each viv is also labeled with date of hatch, morph, parentage etc, the cupboard has cleaning stuff one end, suppliments/meds the other, a drawer for dishes, one for hides etc etc, plus I spot clean all my vivs daily cause I REALLY hate seeing a load of poop left lieing about yucky! This is the main reason I have a small collection and will be keeping it this way...my OCD wouldn't allow it to get disorganised and sprawl out into other rooms and wrong places, nor would I have enough hours in the day hee!
Aye, that too is my reasoning now. I'd never jeopardise the fact that some of my species NEED the space, and so after spending 3 days re=organising my shelf, and checking everyone was OK, I managed to fit one last crittur in..

But like you, I too have one cupboard dedicated to "animal things" LOL!

Jac

#10 ·
Totally agree....

I'm totally with you here, def not alone.......Males in one stack, females in another, juvies have one section and hatchlings another, live food its own shelf. Each viv is also labeled with date of hatch, morph, parentage etc, the cupboard has cleaning stuff one end, suppliments/meds the other, a drawer for dishes, one for hides etc etc, plus I spot clean all my vivs daily cause I REALLY hate seeing a load of poop left lieing about yucky! This is the main reason I have a small collection and will be keeping it this way...my OCD wouldn't allow it to get disorganised and sprawl out into other rooms and wrong places, nor would I have enough hours in the day hee!

#14 ·
Er...no. Rhac vivs are randomly intermingled in the rep room (actually thinking about it, that should read 'strewn throughout the house')...mourning gecko vivs lurk wherever I can cram 'em...leos are both in the rep room and the living room...just about the only nod towards organisation is that the crix are stored according to size for ease of finding the correct ones for the relevant critters :blush:

#15 ·
Fabulous! I can happily come round to organise for a small fee of a gecko maybe?

*or a few if she is out the house bwahahahaha*

Honestly though, it took us over a year to get it half organised, it's working though now... :)

#18 ·
Well at the moment, mine arnt really organised, but then again my collection isnt large enough to need organising. But once I move out, and slowly expand (my collection, not waist line :lol2:) then there will be lots of organisation, I love everything to be just right, infact its really annoying me that I have my exo's stacked and it doesnt sit exactly on top, the top one is about 1mm offset to the one beloe and it bugs me every time I look at it! :lol2::lol2:

#19 ·
Yep, me too, it's not necessarily the perfect shelving, or the all matching vivs, but just the general common sense of ease. Now it's all organised I can do my weekly clean out in just shy of 1 hour 30.. :) That's everyone including furries!

Haha you need to fix that, 1mm... That would actually drive me mad I think!:lol2:

#21 ·
I'm so organised.
It's just a shame I am organised in a similar fashion to a Rwandan refugee camp!!! :blush:

My issue seems to be I collect plastic tubs and hides/cork bark/feeding bowls.
Everytime I am out I seem to think 'Oh that would work well as a hide/feeding dish/livefood box etc. Then when I gt home I realise I already have those things in every room as 'spares'.
My Leo's are kindly housed by my kids in their rooms (I pretend that they want them there, it justifies it to me! :whistling2:) but the Gonis and carpet python are in our bedroom - an achievement I am immensely proud of considering I was once told that 'no animals are living in the bedroom' by my good lady! Still not quite sure how I got 4 sizable exos and a 4x2x2 viv in there without ever actually clearing it with her. Serves her right for going shopping that day I say ! The old 'oh well they are there now, seems a shame to move them....':2thumb:
Anyway to be fair the Leo's are in stacks so are half decent and the exos are all together too, I do try and keep the other bits and bobs out of the way but still get the occasional moan when I leave a hide or some moss etc lying around somewhere. Ah well - moaning from the missus, no change there, I think I have got my selective deafness sorted now......:Na_Na_Na_Na:

#22 ·
I'm so organised.
It's just a shame I am organised in a similar fashion to a Rwandan refugee camp!!! :blush:

My issue seems to be I collect plastic tubs and hides/cork bark/feeding bowls.
Everytime I am out I seem to think 'Oh that would work well as a hide/feeding dish/livefood box etc. Then when I gt home I realise I already have those things in every room as 'spares'.

My Leo's are kindly housed by my kids in their rooms (I pretend that they want them there, it justifies it to me! :whistling2:) but the Gonis and carpet python are in our bedroom - an achievement I am immensely proud of considering I was once told that 'no animals are living in the bedroom' by my good lady! Still not quite sure how I got 4 sizable exos and a 4x2x2 viv in there without ever actually clearing it with her. Serves her right for going shopping that day I say ! The old 'oh well they are there now, seems a shame to move them....':2thumb:
Anyway to be fair the Leo's are in stacks so are half decent and the exos are all together too, I do try and keep the other bits and bobs out of the way but still get the occasional moan when I leave a hide or some moss etc lying around somewhere. Ah well - moaning from the missus, no change there, I think I have got my selective deafness sorted now......:Na_Na_Na_Na:
If it's any consolation Mark, I have a dedicated rep room yet I still can't cram all the odds and sods I've accumulated into it. My Mum visited recently, which lead to some frantic removal of huge boxes of cork bark etc from the spare bedroom (dumped them on the OH's office...for some reason he wasn't a happy bunny :roll:). Even then, my poor Mum was confronted by a drawer full of assorted heat mats / stats when she attempted to unpack her clothes...:blush:

#24 ·
All my snakes are on one wall in the living room. All desert lizards in one stack and the atricollis all in stacks together

#26 ·
Wow I just googled Atricollis, they are pretty :flrt:

Yeah I try to keep that arrangement. Apart from Rubix my mini snakey, all snakeys are upstairs in "his" games room :)

#30 ·
If I had the room it would be. As it happens tanks and vivs just get slotted in where they fit. I currently have a leopard gecko living in the middle of my crestie wall.

#33 ·
Haha sometime though, randomness is good! We are a bit lucky in that we have some space to play with to make it organisable :)

Oh I can find my socks easily enough...just don't expect them to necessarily be a matching pair :whistling2:
I never wear matching socks, ever! It's weird if I do, feels wrong.

Nope, mine aren't organised at all.. My whole room is disorganised!
Well, what works for some, won't necessarily work for others! lol!

#37 ·
Space has all of Nick's stuff in now :(

#40 ·
Nick better be a lizard of some sort!!! :p

I only have one stack, so all the Leo's are in there. Apart from Ludwig who is in a viv on top of the stack.

I hate seeing poop or mess about, so I am quite obsessed with the cleaning it up lol.
Awww, all tidy! I love it, 'tis why I have neat shelves, it's hard work keeping them neat and even, but it's worth it :)

my mrs says i invented ocd
i feed at the same time
i clean each viv in order
i have the quarantine viv next to the utility room because I'm re cleaning after every poo
my bugs are in order of feeding
i feed my bugs in order

and you think you have ocd:Na_Na_Na_Na:
Bwahahahaha! I think I FAIL at OCD after reading that! Dude that's epic :lol2:

#38 ·
I only have one stack, so all the Leo's are in there. Apart from Ludwig who is in a viv on top of the stack.

I hate seeing poop or mess about, so I am quite obsessed with the cleaning it up lol.

#39 ·
my mrs says i invented ocd
i feed at the same time
i clean each viv in order
i have the quarantine viv next to the utility room because I'm re cleaning after every poo
my bugs are in order of feeding
i feed my bugs in order

and you think you have ocd:Na_Na_Na_Na:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.