cresties breeding!!! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 29-10-2007, 04:59 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to K.J.Geckos
Default cresties breeding!!!

ok so sad i know but got to tell you.Cresties are breeding!!!! im so excited and also craping myself at the same times.LOADS of reading up to do now.didnt expect them to get it on so fast.only been in there 3 weeksCant wait yay!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Gold Star Member

awesome!! better get setting the incubator up getting them temps good!

Old 29-10-2007, 05:11 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
awesome!! better get setting the incubator up getting them temps good!
i know i just happend to walk past the exo terra and herd a grumping noise from little sticky and saw him near the other.other say oooo look hes having a piggy back ride i was like what what what!!! and started talking giberish so he couldnt understand it.then eventually told him that he certainly wasnt having a piggy back ride

geting the inc set up on wens pay day! as i aint got a clue where the other is having moved house.

apparently 22 about right?
how long you recon i have to wait then

Oooo better get the vermiculite out!

as you can tell im a bit hyper now.made my day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Ultra Citizen

aww how exiting!!!! i'll be like this when i get my first clutches from any of our geckos ^^ hehehe
Old 29-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Posting Deity

hehe i hear ours doign it too, although its not really the right tim of year, so i be splitting ours up when i get me viv...

how old are they?

Two arboreal Vivariums, pm me for more info!
Old 29-10-2007, 05:38 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekygeeky View Post
hehe i hear ours doign it too, although its not really the right tim of year, so i be splitting ours up when i get me viv...

how old are they?
well i have had them all from adults.sticky the male is about 2 id say and the females are just over 1 year old apparently but i think they are a bit older myself as they are fully grown size as the male.theres 3 females with him but having only just moved them to a nice big exo terra i didnt think they would be at it quite so quick.

i have only seen him with the rusty red ones but they have been bouncing around in there the past week like mad.think they like the new set up as its got loads of branches and plants to hide in.also put some peat,moss and pebbles in the botthem to make it more pleaseing to the eye.they were kept in flexis before i had them though and have now gone in this exo terra so im thinking the up in temps and humidity must of set there fake breeding season off as apparently it does that from what i have read.

thank god i have been feeding them up so they will be in top notch for it really.

Old 29-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Gold Star Member

Not 100% sure on temps i think 26 is for males/faster hatching so 22/23 ish sounds about right if your going for females!

Old 29-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Posting Deity

hehe AWW good luck!!! amake sure you have somewhere in there for her to lay her eggs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyaboutgeckos View Post
well i have had them all from adults.sticky the male is about 2 id say and the females are just over 1 year old apparently but i think they are a bit older myself as they are fully grown size as the male.theres 3 females with him but having only just moved them to a nice big exo terra i didnt think they would be at it quite so quick.

i have only seen him with the rusty red ones but they have been bouncing around in there the past week like mad.think they like the new set up as its got loads of branches and plants to hide in.also put some peat,moss and pebbles in the botthem to make it more pleaseing to the eye.they were kept in flexis before i had them though and have now gone in this exo terra so im thinking the up in temps and humidity must of set there fake breeding season off as apparently it does that from what i have read.

thank god i have been feeding them up so they will be in top notch for it really.

Old 29-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Not 100% sure on temps i think 26 is for males/faster hatching so 22/23 ish sounds about right if your going for females!

cresties - you cant choose males or females
or morphs or anything¬¬

itll be a suprise¬

Old 29-10-2007, 05:49 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
yeah im going for the long haul job i think.i want them to be healthy so its only waiting a bit longer.prefer to hold out and know they have got a better chance then speeding it up a little and not being so healthy.

all the babys are going to be kept anyways as im not selling them untill i know what sex they are.so 6month job really.plus think adults go for more and also i wana keep the females and sell once proven so got a fair while yet to go....

Quote:
hehe AWW good luck!!! amake sure you have somewhere in there for her to lay her eggs!
yes im gettin a little lunch box and poping some vermiculite or compost in there for them.cant deside which yet so more reading up.cant wait see if i can catch her laying.they hold the eggs in there feet apperently untill they go hardthat would be great to see

Quote:
cresties - you cant choose males or females
or morphs or anything¬¬

itll be a suprise
well this is the thing.i though it was a temp dependant sex with cresties like leos but i cant help thinking how on earth can it be as so many people say ooo i cant sex it as its too young so i guess you cant really.i think you can set it at lower temps and more chance of it being female but i dont think like any you can say its 100% female until its 6months.