Reptile Forums banner

Dumb questions...

406 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Meko 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I use a bulb that provides basking heat as well as UV light so I don't need two bulbs or a UV strip light :)

#4 ·
Couple of stupid questions maybe...

Will this sealent be ok to seal a viv with;
Professional Aquarium Fish Tank Silicone Sealant Sealer on eBay (end time 09-Mar-11 12:23:39 GMT)

Also how would i go about fitting a UV light into a wooden viv? I need one for a 4ft viv, will it need to cover the viv from end to end or one end to where the basking light will be?

Cheers for any answers in advance!

: victory:

yep it'll be fine
what's going in the 4ft viv? if it's something like a beardie then you'll need one to cover as much as the viv as possible. They come with clips that you screw to the roof of the viv.

#5 ·
Compact UV.. No...

Use a tube, but it doesn't need to run the full length if the viv is 4ft, use a 3ft tube running the mid section :)

FYI, there are no dumb questions ;) it's good to see people asking

#7 ·
Thanks for the replys people.

Yes it is going to be for a beardie or 2 at some point. Just want to spend some time getting it all correct!

I did hear from a few people that a strip light would be more suitable rather than a compact bulb seeing as its a fairly large viv!

What starter would be best suited to a 3ft length bulb?

Assuming some thing like this
Arcadia Aquarium Light Controller Starter Unit 25-30w on eBay (end time 23-Mar-11 11:11:08 GMT)

Or if anyone knows of a better one for the money etc...

Thanks for the replys, all coming in handy!

:notworthy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.