Iguana thread - Page 365 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 20-11-2013, 10:57 AM
No Life Member
Reviews: 30

There is a reason Albus Dumbledore was the only one the heir of slytherin ever feared.

A second sheet of glass gone, only just replaced it LOL.

I am going to try one last thing, and bompard his enclosure glass and stick plants to them, maybe it may mitigate him seeing his reflection, and if he does charge it may offer some cushioning to the impact of it, discourage it etc.

This happned this morning, he attempted to charge at me head on, the glass started wobbling, so I decided to move out of his way thinking it was me he was trying to get, seeing me as a threat, just as I moved out of his sight, all I herd was shatter, and one very angry iguana launching himself towards me.

The joys the joys LOL.
After that, if it doesn't work, I am going to need some electric mesh fencing like they have on jurassic park LOL>
spudfarrar and DanN22 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Forum Citizen

Why not stick a bit of ply wood or something in its place until the end of the season. Im glad I have double glazing in Tinies viv
Old 20-11-2013, 12:16 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMc View Post
Why not stick a bit of ply wood or something in its place until the end of the season. Im glad I have double glazing in Tinies viv
Because, shutting them away in the dark, isn't really my way tbh mate, he enjoys being able to see out of his enclosure, and I am a beleiver in mental stimulation too, (being able to see the trees outside, the birds, (though he can't use it, he can still see the natural light) (in a mutal none natural place) he does enjoy watching what I do around him, always watching me. I could never block off his sight to see out of the window etc, he never really asked to be here, it is also enjoyable for me to be able to see him at his most impressive, it is only once a year if that makes sense. Though I know what your saying, but it isn't really the way I do it, even if it does set me back.
spudfarrar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Hatchling

clear acrylic sheet? Wouldn't smash but would flex. And probs cheaper than glass.
Salazare Slytherin likes this.
Old 20-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Forum Citizen

Sorry I never meant shut him away. I would never dream of it either. I thought it was maybe 1 pain out of 4 that was getting the grief. If you know what I mean. Yeah maybe acrylic or plastic mesh?
Salazare Slytherin likes this.
Old 20-11-2013, 01:51 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMc View Post
Sorry I never meant shut him away. I would never dream of it either. I thought it was maybe 1 pain out of 4 that was getting the grief. If you know what I mean. Yeah maybe acrylic or plastic mesh?
The problem I have with mesh (is he caused his nose a serious injury in the summer from the first outdoor enclosure we built him, he literally rubbed his nose scale off, unfortunately it hasn't healed as fast, because his nose is the first thing to touch everything, his food etc, so he is consistantly knocking the scab off, when he is like this in his alpha mode, he doesn't just charge at his reflection, he patrolls every last nook and cranny, every last part of his enclosure (looking for a potential rival) protecting his territory, unfortunately his nose again is the first thing to touch all of these surfaces, if I put mesh onto the door, theres a good chance he would rub it, and further damage his nose (even plastic mesh wont do it if he rubs it hard enough, and in the summer, my female knocked a few of her claws off too, encouraging them to climb on it, so I am not really a fan of mesh, I may have considerd it if his nose hadn't been damaged, but that is the joys and challanges of iggy ownership, what can I say.

Before this is out I can see myself hiring 24 hour security armed with tranqulisers, double glazing with an electric fence around it, automatic laysers, and lights and an alarm system. LMAO!

this is exactly how I feel at the minute, how I wish I was joking LOL.
Old 20-11-2013, 01:54 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebo View Post
clear acrylic sheet? Wouldn't smash but would flex. And probs cheaper than glass.
I am looking into it mate thanks, good chance it will end up thicker, this time around, and with loads of cushioning with plants, there is a good 6kg + behind his weight depending on if he has eaten, so you can imagine that slamming into glass.
Old 29-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Gold Star Member

Here is my boy
And here is his door this helps protect the glass but is non abrasive.

Old 27-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Regular
Smile Girl Fred (I think)

Fred is now 17 months old and, as far as I can tell, is not the boy I thought he was. He's (I'm so used to saying he that she just isn't sticking in my head) 9 & a half inches snout to vent and his brown bits seem to be getting larger. Vet says all ok so presuming he's just a dark ig.

She's healthy & fat in all the right places but am still worried about eggs & potential eggboundness. Don't think she's eggy yet as there's been no weight gain and she's not off her food but you never know. I've put her box in so he gets used to it, hopefully it'll b a while yet b4 I find owt in it.
Also Dino, the cwd I rescued, is coming along great guns. She's putting weight on & I've got nearly all the stuck shed off what remains of her tail. Her mouth is still a mess but at least its healed and not bleeding.
Update over
Old 22-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Ultra Citizen

Dont seem to be many people writting on here and as they is a few new iggy owners including myself thought id bring it to the top again

Tags
iguana